PDA

View Full Version : ir help to control toy car

abhishek_sharma
05-27-2005, 01:42 PM
:?: i am trying to make a remote controlled toy car using infrared. is it possible to control left,right,forward,back operations, i.e. 4 controls using tsop1738 or is there any other simple ir method to control the toy. :? i wonder how the tv remote works as the transmitter can send multiple outputs like on/off,channel changing, volume modulation,etc. using ir. if i could somehow do this here too then i'll be successful. plz help.... :idea:

jack
05-27-2005, 11:33 PM
Hi,

Try this http://jap.hu/electronic/codec.html

Good luck

allbits
05-28-2005, 07:20 PM
:?: i am trying to make a remote controlled toy car using infrared. is it possible to control left,right,forward,back operations, i.e. 4 controls using tsop1738 or is there any other simple ir method to control the toy. :? i wonder how the tv remote works as the transmitter can send multiple outputs like on/off,channel changing, volume modulation,etc. using ir. if i could somehow do this here too then i'll be successful. plz help.... :idea:

of course.. you can control.. in fact anything is possible using microcontrollers, but if you want a solutions without it, you will have to stick to a particular remote, find the frequency and "tune" a circuit to respond to a particular frequency. but instead of it, you can use an IR led and make your own keyboard with your required frequency. please respond with your particular requirement, like budjet, components avaiable etc.

abhishek_sharma
05-28-2005, 09:46 PM
hi allbits, i currently don't know about microcontollers but would like to use ir led to control the toy car. please give me the details

jack
05-29-2005, 11:12 AM
Ok..there is one such project without using a uC on electronicsforu.com.

abhishek_sharma
05-30-2005, 01:09 PM
jack can u suggest a tutorial on how to do it use amtel s series microcontrollers