PDA

View Full Version : 8051 development board

abhisek.ias
05-05-2013, 12:23 PM
hi ,
i have bought a 8051 development board rev-1.3 from kitsnspares, the board contains a at89s52 microcontroller from atmel, the specification given were that it has in built circuit programmer with db9 connector given on the board. i dont have a serial db9 connector on my laptop so i bought a serial to usb converter from bafo technologies and installed the driver. when i am connecting it to the laptop in the device manager it is showing prolific usb to serial controller so i can understand that it is getting read by the laptop.
my problem starts here, how do i interface the board with my laptop such that i can see something on the screen and what are the software that i need with it because the software ispprog given with the cd contained with it could not connect with the board when i click on read device signature.

ravi.tez
05-08-2013, 02:21 PM
hi ,
i have bought a 8051 development board rev-1.3 from kitsnspares, the board contains a at89s52 microcontroller from atmel, the specification given were that it has in built circuit programmer with db9 connector given on the board. i dont have a serial db9 connector on my laptop so i bought a serial to usb converter from bafo technologies and installed the driver. when i am connecting it to the laptop in the device manager it is showing prolific usb to serial controller so i can understand that it is getting read by the laptop.
my problem starts here, how do i interface the board with my laptop such that i can see something on the screen and what are the software that i need with it because the software ispprog given with the cd contained with it could not connect with the board when i click on read device signature.

There is a good chance that the Bafo USB Serial converter you have purchased from market is a duplicate one. It still works but only for winxp. The original usb-serial converter from bafo is really expensive (600 bucks) but works with win7 too. You can opt for usb-serial converter by other manufacurers in India eg: http://entesla.com/protocol-converters/serial-converter/USB-RS232-Converter

rambeer
10-15-2015, 04:20 PM
I have purchased a 8051 Development kit for my Project Robitics.
This 8051 Microcontroller kit provided within 2 to 3 days i think no one providing this product as early from this
know more about 8051 microcontroller board (https://www.robomart.com/buy-8051-development-board-india)