PDA

View Full Version : Help for my project

harish1234
09-24-2013, 06:08 PM
Hi, I am new to electronics and do not know anything about motors. For my project, I have to rotate a 700 g weight at different speeds using a potentiometer. I tried many motors, but none of them could rotate the weight. So could any one you please send the ideal specifications for the motor and also could you please tell if a potentiometer can be used to control the speed of a motor.

vikas
09-24-2013, 06:18 PM
What is the disatance from axial of the motor ? , that will give you the torque required , then you need speed you want. Using both you will know which motor with what gearbox.

harish1234
09-24-2013, 06:34 PM
What is the disatance from axial of the motor ? , that will give you the torque required , then you need speed you want. Using both you will know which motor with what gearbox.

Sir, what do you mean by the distance from axial of the motor and please could you tell me the ideal torque required for the motor and suppose I want it to run on a standard 9 V battery.

I would like it to vary from a 20rpm to a 100rpm and supposing that each turn of the potentiometer increases the rpm by 10rpm.

vikas
09-25-2013, 11:15 AM
Here you go -

http://www.roboticsindia.com/entry.php/184-Robot-Dynamics-Getting-the-Specs-Right

harish1234
09-25-2013, 02:35 PM
sir I have got it. Could you please tell the modifications to be done to increase the torque of a normal motor that runs on a normal 9V battery. I have to rotate a wheel attached to a weight at different speeds. Finally, could you tell me whether a potentiometer can control the speed of the motor.