PDA

View Full Version : Intelligent Interaction with Robot by Speech Recognition

06-11-2005, 10:11 PM
Hi
I have previously worked with robot controlled by speech recognition, and i used to give commands through voice..
But with that i was able to give commands of at the max two words, at the break of speech it termenates function and accepts the voice and recognises the word...

Now i want that the robot should be able to answer questions also and act as per commands.....For that i want to creat a library of questions & answers...and want the robot to listen the whole question and answer or act...

If anybody have an experiance with speech recognition & and can help...

vikas
06-12-2005, 12:36 AM
hmm

I had done something similar using JSAPI ( recognition ) and JSML ( synthesis ) . You can also try Microsoft SAPI etc for the same purpose .

Search the net and ull find ample help . You can also use a NLI based bot for the answering the questions ( Alice etc ) .

shridhar
06-13-2005, 10:30 PM
Thanks Vikas
The above message was pasted by me..

I have made speech reco. software using "SAPI" in VB..u might be knowing how easy it is..
But the problem is, there is a delay set at which the system terminates taking anymore words, which is very less...

Like i can't speak " How are you?", it will detect "How" or at the max "How Are" and will respond accordingly...

There is one grammer to be written for this....
Now i want help so that it can take the whole sentance like "What is you name?" which is not possible right now....

Try to find some solution...

vikas
06-13-2005, 11:23 PM
Well in what i had did we have to define grammer for both the side so for example a basic human suide grammer will be like ....

grammar sl;

public <move> = ( Your | your | ur ) ( Move | move ) {move} | Your Turn {move};

public <bye> = Good bye {bye} | So long {bye};

You can see how combinations are handled etc

While the robot side can be

# file for grammar
grammar = sapi_en.gram

# things we say
greeting = Hello Human. My name is <EMMP/>LYNX the checkers playing robot.
user_turn = Its <EMP/>your move.
user_lose = Astala Vista <EMP/>Baby.
user_win = System Failure . Explosion is immenet in 10 seconds.
user_force = Its a Forced move.
user_invalid = Invalid Move.
user_exit = <EMP/>Bye now.
eh = What?

This is a very basic user interaction which my robot intially implemented ... for these ul have to go though JSML and JSAPI :) . dun have idea much abt micro$oft counterpart .

shridhar
06-13-2005, 11:37 PM
Thanks vikas
I worked with VB only...
now i will see how java speech api works
Just tell me, are u able to give complete sentances as input?

bobgalle
01-21-2006, 11:39 AM
using speech recognition technology is great but there are many drawbacks in it because human voic tend to change and is not constant.
what if in a situation that a preson issuffering from a bad throat , he cannot have the same pitch or frequency in his voice.in that case he will not be accepted as a user. if this system is used for security check in an office,the person will be stranded outside.
instead of using voice why not use a retina recognition. 8) 8)