PDA

View Full Version : Speech Recognition, it is very easy....

shridhar
06-13-2005, 10:56 PM
Hearing the word speech recognition one might think that it will be requiring some lines of programming and can be done by only some professional programmer... But it is not true...

A speech reco. software requires only a few lines of code and a little of programming knowledge ...

For all who want to learn speech recognition, please go to

http://www.vbip.com/miscellaneous/Speech-Recognition.asp

You can also controll your robot using speech recognition,
A simple way...

First do parallel port interfacing of your robot with ur PC. Many tutorials are available on net.
Then with those tutorials u will find Parallel port programming in VB,
http://www.aaroncake.net/electronics/vblpt.htm

Now u just have to combine these two things.....

In code of speech reco. after case, instead of file execution statement, just write

vbOut 888, x

that is ur voice controlled robot
Good Luck

happy_99
06-14-2005, 12:32 AM
Very good info sridhar !! Thanks

Regds

happy_99

abhishek_sharma
06-14-2005, 01:07 AM
i have made a speech recognition software in vb which controls a toy robot using parallel port of computer,i.e. the toy moves forward, back,left,right, etc. when relevant speech commands are given.

anyone needing the program can pm me....

rao
06-18-2005, 06:17 PM
These links are cool!! great!!

Thanks a lot

Rao

brother_four
08-31-2005, 11:24 PM
whats the big deal there ? would be more fun to code ur own algo in matlab, don't you think ?

I wonder if Microsoft is on a mission to hide all implementaions, VB, VC++, .NET, Speech etc its always pushing towards application level programming.

I am familiar with .NET but for some reason i still love C and C++ and even assembly. I am a control freak with my program.

ognjen
09-01-2005, 03:00 PM
hi

i made something similar to the abhishek_sharma`s prog... with software that i made in vb, via serial port i control many things in my hous with woice.... lights, door lock, many, many things on my computer, alarm in my room.... and many other things... if anyone want to see codes or schemes feel free to contact me

ice
09-02-2005, 05:22 PM
hey Ognjen..long time..
what happens when you say "shutdown" to your pc and you have your door locked by your PC?
hehe..just kidding

ognjen
09-03-2005, 04:40 PM
hi gerry

:))))))))
i mean that i can turn off my comp.... :))

rao
09-04-2005, 12:07 PM
jeez .. that was what I wa about to post the article on..

But using serial port??.. How did you do that ognjen?
Serial output is bit by bit..

so how can you do diff devices.. did you have any other micros attachd to the serial to decode info and turn on the respective devices??

Right now I am screwed with download of SAPI SDK5.1 as 4.0 doesnt support automation...

So as soon as 68 Mb of that crap is done with.. I will post the article..( I gotta test.. as there are changes in the usage of code as in case of SAPI5.1)

ognjen
09-05-2005, 06:05 PM
SAPI SDK5.1.... a have very slow internet here in serbia so i waiver from downloading... i have downloaded the MSRE... its working fine.... Abaout serial... i had many problems with serial and l293d... first was that serial is + or - (+12 or -12) dont have 0... i solve that with one diode before inpout pins in l293d... with that i control motors on my door lock... i bringed bins form laser sensors before my house into inpot pin on serial... there is smoe more things about that project but.... noe i want to find something about parallel which is much better for this stuffs.... the only problem is that i dont know how to use inpout32 in VB...

ice
09-05-2005, 08:22 PM
Ognjen ,
You got to put it in the same directory ur working in or system32 directory
and call the funcetions...
I think it comes with nice comment on how to use it.

sharad rai
09-17-2005, 07:30 PM
i have made a speech recognition software in vb which controls a toy robot using parallel port of computer,i.e. the toy moves forward, back,left,right, etc. when relevant speech commands are given.

anyone needing the program can pm me....

hi, im sharad ,i want that program , can u send it on my mail ID
thatis sharadrai@sify.com

rao
09-20-2005, 12:35 PM
Sharad..check the article called making your room voice controlled and go through it
I have given the basic method to move your robot using the same code..

have any questions.. post it here.. I will reply

Rao

adroit
01-30-2006, 08:01 PM
hi
if anyone can tell how 2 do port prog in VB.
confused as 2 which port 2 use-serial 0r paralllel
coz that will depend on the IC used
wanna make a robo traverse a path & then highlight that path
do i need a microcontroller if if i m controlling robo thru computer
mail me at siddhi03@yahoo.com