PDA

View Full Version : Face Recognition and Motion Tracking

shridhar
06-15-2005, 10:49 PM
i have just started a project to build a software for face recognition and motion tracking which i will use in my future robot.

I have got much information, perticularly some dlls and sorce codes from Rodny Brokes, Prof. MIT. But i guess that i wont use that directly.

I will first learn Neutral Network and MatLAB. After that i will go further.

I hope, I am on right track.. Please give me some advise that how should i go about...

rao
06-19-2005, 04:02 PM
Right on!!

Neural networks and Matlab are the perfect combination for the design of a powerful, adaptive image recognition and motion tracking system..

Matlab has inbuilt tools for image processing and newer versions already have built in neural networks example codes which can help you out even further

Carry on the good work dude

Rao

taknev13
01-06-2006, 11:40 AM
face recogniton n motion tracking is an intresting thingy but matlab isnt the rite path for it,coz its simple not scalable and too heavy a setup.go for sumthng more genric like c++ which can be ported onto linux so that u cud use it with minimum of hardware n cost.

a gr8 way of doing it would be to have a separate dedicated fpga card for vision system and then put each frame onto the memory and then access the mory n do ur algos on that.by dfoin this you will get arnd 20 fps by using a hardware with even 200mhz.

or else if you wanna avoid all these tantrums then go for some readymade solutions.the ones i know in india is given by a company called ROBONENCE ph 080-41526083 Mr SURAJ .they have gr8 solutions for all these like face recognition, detection which is even more difficult,motion tracking,object tracking colour tracking etc.

docel
01-06-2006, 12:11 PM
hi
6 months and he must have finished his project.

docel
01-06-2006, 12:21 PM

avoid all these tantrums then go for some readymade solutions.the ones i know .

if u r a newbie n looking for some readymade stuff of ir n ultrasonic sens

if you come out with proper requirements maybe i can help you find a readym ...

actually im not in ne college now.they had cum to my college sum months ago.i was in mvjce.

...meaning NObody need do ANYthing....??
and claim "I did it!" ?

I think this is wrong advise.