PDA

View Full Version : serial communication help

TR1
07-19-2005, 09:16 AM
Hi all,

I'm looking for some help with some serial comm i am doing with this board. i'm sending this test sequence in through the serial port using a serial-to-usb cable at 57600 baud.As far as i can make out all my settings are ok. But characters from my serial input are going missing. something or other is always missing - it isnt always the same ones that are missing.as far as i can see everything else is ok bacauseif done with a regular serial cable everything comes through ok.any thing anyone can think of right away on why this is happening? thanks.

TR1

Kiran_parasa
07-19-2005, 09:58 AM
Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right forum to answer for serial port commnication stuff ??? :?:

But anyhow you can try one thing. Just flush the file descriptor (as in linux C) using tcflush (tcflush(global_socket, TCIFLUSH)) command when it is created.

Try out. I hope it will work.

Regards,
Parasa Kiran

vikas
07-19-2005, 09:14 PM
Hi

I faced a similar problem when my UBRR ( Uart setting ) was unsynchronized this was for atmel based uC .

Please read the following article for better understanding

http://roboticsindia.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=82&mode=&order=0&thold=0

choose a better crystal / baudrate setting so that the UBRR is a whole number ( else ull get some errors and missed characters ) .

ice
07-19-2005, 10:27 PM
Try lowering your baudrate to 9600 and increase it untill you find a satisfactory one