PDA

View Full Version : Help using SDCC

cheenu
08-02-2005, 07:01 PM
I compiled and installed SDCC. But the problem is i dont know how to write the program. I know C quite well. I learned assembly for 8051 recently.
But i dont know how to write the C program for the microcontroller AT89S52. I read through the book "Embedded C programming and the ATMEL AVR" but couldnt use that C to program AT89S52. I dont find any header file for this particular uc AT89S52 in SDCC. So i dont know how to proceed with.
I also considered doing assembly programming and downloaded the ATMEL AVR Studio from the ATMEL site. But in that also i dont know how to set to this specific uc. All the AT89 series is disabled there. Any help to program in C or assembly for At89S52 will be very useful.

Thanks a lot,
With regds,
Cheenu.

Sachin
08-02-2005, 09:53 PM
hello freind,
I'm using Keil software for 89S51uC from atmel, in both C and assembly. I'm using header file of of 89C51 to compile 89S51 and is working fine... I think similarly u can try using Keil software and its simple to use.
Websiite-> www.keil.com

cheenu
08-02-2005, 11:06 PM
Hey Sachin,
Thanks for ur reply. I am downloading Keil software. But it seems its not free to use and i need to pay some money to get the full version.
It would be better if i can get a compiler or assembler which is free to use like SDCC. Probably some help in programming AT89S52 in SDCC will be very much helpful.

Thanks a lot,
Cheenu.

maxasimo
08-03-2005, 06:52 AM
see AT89Sxx are exactly similar to their C counterparts in terms of software...so a program written for AT89C52 should work for AT89S52 as well...well the header file in sdcc is '8052.h'...and u cna find its usage info in the header file itself...also look for www.8052.com it has some great info about it....

BTW....how do u write the hex file into AT89S52's flash memory....pls mention the schematic and software u use to burn the chip memory...

cheers

cheenu
08-03-2005, 03:05 PM
Hey Max,
I took both the programmer circuit and the software from the ATMEL site. I dont remember the link but I will find out and tell u.

With warm Regds,
Cheenu.

08-05-2005, 01:05 PM
hey Max,

do a search for aec_isp in google and download the file. it contains a simple programmer sch. u can use to download files to atsxx microcontrollers. It has both the software and sch. do check them out.