PDA

View Full Version : artificial intelligence basics......

3d
08-03-2005, 07:43 PM
hi
one of our team members needs some help on getting started with artificial intelligence basics. what we basically require is a standard textbook from which we can basically start off.
so anyone who can throw some light is welcome to do so.

vikas
08-03-2005, 11:39 PM
Ai is a very vast field please let me know what u are trying to achive thouugh it ( the objective ) ... then maybe i can give a specific approach .

If you want casual reading then there are lots of books in the market .... You can also try MIT's Open course ware ( good ) ....

mishradk
08-04-2005, 12:24 PM
http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Electrical-Engineering-and-Computer-Science/6-034Artificial-IntelligenceSpring2003/Readings/index.htm

cheenu
08-04-2005, 12:49 PM
For a printed book use Artificial Intelligence by Stuart Russel. Its really a great book.

vidur
08-04-2005, 02:25 PM
For fuzzy logic systems

try Fuzzy control book by D .Driankov

the book needs some knowledge of control systems especially when dealing with stability issues.( later chapters)
the first few chapters on fuzzy logic is very well explained & needs no prerequisites

The good thing is that its got case studies with it

3d
08-05-2005, 12:49 AM
hey thanks guys for the prompt replies......
@vikas......as you know that we have already finished the hexapod and are now busy integrating the vision part . our aim is to make our robot or infact any subsequent robots that we build in the future to be as autonomous and robust aspossible...i was going thru your profile and saw that u have familiarity with ai systems like nnnor something ..........so i was basically thinking of starting off our team with some ai basics that we can readily implement in our robots.
if you could maybe write an article on the site about how to start off in ai which a fresher can understand .

ranjit_k_barai
08-05-2005, 10:12 PM
The bible of Airtificial Intelligence is the book : "Artificial Intelligence " by Russel and Norvig (Prentice Hall). Another very useful book in this area is : "Artificial INtelligence and Soft Computing" by Amit Konar (CRC Press).

The allied areas of AI are : Fuzzy Logic, Artificial Neural Network, and Genetic Algorithm.

"Fuzzy Sets and Systems"- by Timothy J.Ross (Mc Graw Hill)- for begineers

"Adaptive Fuzzy System and Control"- by Li Xin Wang --for fuzzy practisioners.

"Introduction to Fuzzy Control"- by D.Driankov et al. ---for advanced researchers.

"Artificial Neural Network"- R. Hussan -for begineers

"Genetic Algorithms"- by Goldbarg--fundamental

rao
08-06-2005, 10:04 AM
dude..

why dont ya download the floppy box robo.. project from the download sections and go through its AI section..

It is an implementation of the HEbb's rule of learning..

you will have the basic idea...

but thats just a part of NN which is inturn a part of AI..

So referring to AI as a whole is wrong...

You can choose your field and go ahead with it..

Rao