PDA

View Full Version : underactuated mechanisms . any ideas ??

Sarkazo
08-28-2005, 08:31 PM
guys, wanna start doing some research in college. you guyz have probably heard of underactuated mechanisms, do you know about their control functions, position algorithms, etc ? if not, could you tell me how i should go about analysing them such that the results are presentable (if not publishable) ?

Vivek
08-29-2005, 08:06 PM
This topic requires more theoretical analysis than practical work. (personally i never liked this because too much of theory and little practical work). If you have already started extensive literature survey, and have access to IEEE online papers then I think the next step would be a Matlab simulation.

If you have less time and resources, then Matlab simulation of any model and its results sound okay, but the best thing would be if something practical is made.

choose a mechanically very simple model if you are attempting a practical setup because the mechatronic control system (motor, its driver, feedback, and the processor) becomes too complicated due to processing power requirements and errors which are not modeled in the "theoretical" control equation. These errors are all the more worse in this case because its an underactated system.

Overall a practical system could be made from scratch (each part) in about 1year (min).

good luck