PDA

View Full Version : Controlling

BlueHat
09-11-2005, 07:33 AM
I am only a novice trying to do my first project. I need to control a simple motor using USB port. Have no idea how to, but I know it can be done can anyone help me! Please put this in a simple language. I am only 15. :?:

maxasimo
09-11-2005, 09:09 AM
Well....USB is something not that easy as u might think...but i wonder ur hosting a linux forum...at 15 great! i haven't been able to control custom hardware using USB, but i can at least guide to the right place...its then ur wits to get hold and make a working project...do post its details here once ur finished...

all the best

Links: -

www.usb.org
www.linux-usb.org
computer.howstuffworks.com/usb.htm
www.lvr.com/usb.htm

BlueHat
09-11-2005, 03:33 PM
I will try the USB stuff. But is there any other way of custom controlling hardware. Using electronics and anything in computer. Thanks for your complements about my forum, I run a site too. And according to me age does not matter to step in the Linux world. ( as for me when I was 13). Are you a Linux user or developer? cause I need some members to my forum.

maxasimo
09-11-2005, 04:56 PM
Well...yes. u can easily control custom hardware using computer's parallel or rs-232 (serial) port...check out the forum for more details...

as far as my knowledge about linux is concerned...i'm illiterate to it...well i'm not against it....but i fully respect a developer and believe source codes shud not be exposed...though i fully agree with freewares...

so i decided not to expose myself to the linux world...

sorry for that...

neways where do u belong to...

BlueHat
09-12-2005, 06:54 AM
Well...yes. u can easily control custom hardware using computer's parallel or rs-232 (serial) port
I am new at this serial thing. Can you explain completely step by step. The things I need, the procedure....?

check out the forum for more details... what do you mean?In this topic!

so i decided not to expose myself to the linux world...
That's ok!

neways where do u belong to... Mangalore City. It's in the coast of Karnataka.

maxasimo
09-12-2005, 07:33 AM
Well check out the links...u'll get all the material you require there...chek out lvr.com first...its from the publishers of a good series of books on PC communication..."PARALLEL PORT COMPLETE" , "SERIAL PORT COMPLETE" and "USB COMPLETE"...

Enjoy