PDA

View Full Version : USB->PARALLEL PROGRAMMER

kunal
09-24-2005, 11:05 AM
i m having a parallel port programmer and want to use a usb to parallel port converter to use it with my programmer,also i want it to be used as a simple parallel port also ,so as to controling leds with it.plz help and dont compare it with serial port converter prev. discussed in other forum.(belive me they are diff.)

praghu_cool
10-27-2006, 02:15 AM
hai kunnal ..
did u get succeed in using USB to parallel converter . if please help me i am facing the same problem..
please...

tpsbpl
12-10-2006, 01:14 PM
well i have built a robot runs on parallel port and i want to control it from my laptop which only have USB port . USB to parallel will not help :roll:

so help me out

indrajeet
12-21-2006, 10:50 PM
Hi,

It is a more costly solution than a usb to parrallel converter which does not work. I have tried a lot.

I had the same problem while programming my AVR's through laptops. Generally laptops do not have a parralel port.

for this reason the best option is buy the USB AVR programmer from www.robokits.org. it is complete versatile and cheapest as per my knowledge.

It uses stk500v2 protocol and completely compatible with avrstudio, AVRDUDE and also other compilers which have stk500 programmer inbuilt. Works great..

Another feature is that it has a high voltage programming supported. So, that on tiny and upto mega8 u can use your reset pin as a port pin!!! On parralel programmers if you set that as a port pin it will not work with normal programmer..