PDA

View Full Version : How to convert from wire to Infrared application?

Bond
10-01-2005, 07:43 PM
hi,
can help me on how i should convert from wired application to infrared application?i'm doing a robotic arm that controlled through my PC with parallel port.so the wire is done and hwo should i convert it to infrared?where should i change?i need to change it to wireless(IF). i'm using PIC16F84A as my microcontroller.but how to change the sending of data from wired to infrared?pls help...anybody?

docel
10-02-2005, 08:33 AM
HI BOND,
Do you need the Pic? What actions do you want at the ARM?

Bond
10-02-2005, 10:07 AM
i just need to change it from wired to infrared transmission of data.all the arm programming done with pick and place function. so now need to convert to IF.get what i mean?then how to change?need extra circuit?how ?pls help..

vikas
10-02-2005, 12:06 PM
Use any off the shelf tranciver IC's ( IR /IF ) they should do the trick .

Bond
10-02-2005, 02:14 PM
what do u mean?i dun understand.i bought 2 pairs of LED IF for transmit and receive.so how to change it?

docel
10-03-2005, 01:16 AM
READ THIS FIRST!

http://nod.phpwebhosting.com/~robotics/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=32&mode=&order=0&thold=0

Bond
10-07-2005, 03:50 PM
ok.make it simple.how can i convert from a parallel port sending of data form pc to my microcontroller to sending of data via IR?

quasar
10-08-2005, 04:11 PM
Its simple.... device your own protocol.... May be its weird to hear...

take one of the pin from parallel port & it with 38khz connect it to IR Led

send bit by bit serially in a specific time frame. (asynchronous - engineer say like that)...

Now its you to decide the standards since its your protocol...

......protobond....
let us say... total bits - 9
each bit length - 2.5 ms
start bit length - 10ms (your micro has to initialize isnt it)
......protobond....

i think you are getting it....

Quasar.....

docel
10-08-2005, 05:13 PM
HI

1.While talking of Microcontroller or PC, simplke to generate Series signals.
2. Use RC5 (Philips) Protocol. All necessary codes etc., available on Phlips or other numerous sites. This is the age old system used in Philips and compatible TV/VCR Remote controls.

How many signal channels (bits ) do you have? If only 4 channels, I can suggest a Non-Microcontroller circuit.....

Google for RC5 remote.