PDA

View Full Version : need help !! (IR sensors)

rockgird
10-22-2005, 01:12 AM
hii,

i m building a robot, which basically tracks a moving body n then follow it. i m bound to use TSOP 1730 as a IR receiver .
So , could neone tell me ,how to use TSOP 17** as distance tracker . i mean ,as it give o/p high or low . so would it be possible to vary the o/p wid the distance of the reflector . or is there ne other way to sence the distance variation .

thax in anticipation

ankit :-)

vikas
10-22-2005, 02:37 AM
Hi

TSOP can not work as a proper Distance sensor ... for that matter any reflective IR sensor will be pretty bad at sensing distance ( lots of problems ) . you can look here http://roboticsindia.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=35&mode=&order=0&thold=0 . Ull see how to measure but its a pretty poor job .

Best bet is Sonar / Sharp distance sesors ( though IR based they use triangulation to measure distance ) . Though there are more ways u require a bigger budget then :) .

devpriya
10-23-2005, 03:17 AM
For distance sensors visit www.hobbykits4u.com , this shop is located in Mumbai. They four type of movement and distance sensors using ultrasonic waves. I hope they would be helpful for you.

dlmalani
10-23-2005, 04:17 PM
[quote="rockgird"]hii,

You can use TSOP for moving towards target..it has 3 pins (Vcc connected thru 1k resistor (or less) ..Ground pin & output pin...which gives high when IR falls on it and low otherwise....sensors are also available....and for distance tracking IR led's might be insensitive ...

rockgird
10-23-2005, 11:53 PM
hii,

thank u all for ur reply. tht was of gr8 help for me. but does neone kno any shop in hyderabad , where i can such sensors.

thanx in anticipation.

bbye