PDA

View Full Version : help:is it hardware or software fault(avr2313)

ankit_1988
10-30-2005, 08:54 PM
HI
I HAVE BEEN GOING THROUGH THIS FORUM FOR A MONTH, AND I HAVE REGISTERED TODAY.
I MADE THE EXPERIMENT BOARD(AVR2313)GIVEN HERE BUT WHEN I CONNECTED IT TO MY PC, AFTER MAKING THE .HEX FILE, WHILE USING PONY PROG, IT GIVES AN ERROR " DEVICE MISSING OR UNKNOWN", PLEASE HELP.
BY THE WAY, I MADE SOME CHANGES IN THE CKT. I JUST DIDN'T CONNECT THE OTHER UART THING AS I DON'T KNOW WHAT A UART IS AND WHAT A NULL MODEM CABLE IS FOR.
i ALSO REPLACED SOME COMPONENTS, BUT I DON'T THINK THAT THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE, DOES IT?
IN PROGRAMMER:
I REPLACED ZENER DIODE OF RATING 5V1 WITH 5V6,
TRANSISTOR BC548 WITH BC547

PLEASE HELP ME OUT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

I HAVE BEEN THROUGH A LOT OF EXORTION AND NEED YOUR SUPPORT. I HAVE READ ALL YOUR TOUTORIALS N ARTICLES HERE AND MADE THE "MY FIRST ROBOT" THING SUCCESSFULLY BUT SEEK HELP OF THIS FORUM FOR THIS PROJECT.

vikas
10-30-2005, 11:03 PM
ur replace ments shld wrk fine ... the transistor and the didode .

the problem must be something else ...

jack
10-31-2005, 10:38 AM
Ok...as Vikas already said your replacements are fine. Just have sure that you are connecting the ground of the crystal with the programmer's ground.

Good luck

Supario
10-31-2005, 06:35 PM
Hi,

I had a similar problem when starting out with ponyprog to program an AT90S2313. Dont use the AVR- autodetect feature, manually set the device to AT90S2313. When the programmer says device not found/ unknown device click "ignore" and it should manage to program it anyway. If not, try shortening down the lengths of all the cables you are using (parallel port to buffer, buffer to microcontroller). Hope this helps.

Supario

vikas
10-31-2005, 06:54 PM
Here is another trick

Press reset on ur board and try to read the uC if this works then u need to invert Reset ( Settings -> Polarity of control lines ) .

yogi
11-02-2005, 03:03 PM
use avrdude programmer

that is a no cost programmer

just cost of a parallel port cable and some wires

superchiku
04-06-2008, 03:30 AM
pony prog doesnt sometimes recognise self made programmers , avrdude is the best regarding this as it can program any avr device easily