PDA

View Full Version : Best Device Programmer.

EmbeddedGuy
11-13-2005, 01:13 PM
Hello Members,
There are lot of commercial device programmers available in the market they have there pros and cons. I am look out for mid level programmer which should support all 8051, PIC, Zilog, Motorola, PSoC and EPROM/EEPROM and others.
Please suggest me programmer and your and others personal exp. with particular programmer. Device update, quality, easy control software and service availability in India etc.

Bye

quasar
11-13-2005, 01:46 PM
Well.... smartrog universal programmar costed around 26K with taxes..costs lesser than xeltek programmars if i am correct... it progams many ics around 22k devices for my last update...newer version has USB....so fast programs.. 13kB of code in 15 secs..... u can get it from alsystem in T.N... google it....

if you are only going to program 8051 use frontline electroninc programmer costs around 2k.. but worth...

for PIC n AVR u can make ur self in couple of hours...

Quasar...

yogi
11-13-2005, 04:39 PM
if you just want to study programming microcontrollers. There is no need to buy a universal programmer.

Studying one good microcontroller is enough. Try for tht microcontroller programmer, than wasting 20K, a large amount.

EmbeddedGuy
11-13-2005, 05:07 PM
Hi,
Yes I have seen the specs of ELNEC make SmartProg programmer currently it supports approx. 14000 devices.

Bye

jack
11-13-2005, 06:52 PM
Yogi.....is very ture!! I really don't see any good reason for buying a 20k programmer.

addy
11-13-2005, 09:46 PM
!!!!

devpriya
11-13-2005, 09:53 PM
Hey what people have said above is correct, if you want to learn microcontrollers then why dont you go for AVR, their programmer is very easy to make ......

Just google for BSD programmer, this programmer you can make in a ziffy!!!

EmbeddedGuy
11-14-2005, 01:07 AM
Hello,
Thanks for your reply. First of all I would like to clear that I am not learning microcontroller and I am going for commercial becoz its use will be in commercial area. There for investing 20K is not bad. And even for learning if any one want to spent 20K and he/she can afford then it is nice and his/her choice.

Bye

rohitd
11-14-2005, 02:04 PM
if u are using 89cX series then a cheap option is to use the easy programmer that i have used.
it works fine with me and also its toooo chep as compared to 4k ,22k ...... :!: prices mentioned by u all.
it dose support 89c51 ,89c52 , 89c55.
even in this only 89c51 option is utilised mostly.

in commercial programmers and ic testers only few cheaps are used by us ,and other features are never used ,so dont think its a good choice to go for this option.
i am changing the basic code and trying to add mor chips to the same board,but right now it supports only 89cx series
right now it cost only 600+the charges for curior i.e transport
if any one willing to have the easy programmer just mail me to
r_rrd@rediffmail.com

quasar
11-14-2005, 02:54 PM
Actually i used a "Ez Downloader" based programmar from om electronics in blore...which was around 1K with Zif.. it was working fine for about 4 months or so... then after that it started rejecting many uc which were able to be programmed by other programmars ... did some one else also experinced it.....

Frontline electronics Programmar are really rugged.... i am using it for more than couple of years.... till day i havent got any problem....

Quasar....

rohitd
11-14-2005, 03:36 PM
1000 buck!!
this basicaly happens when the code in the master gets corrupt, but the other harware is so simple that i dont think that can have any problem.
the best solution is to get 1 or 2 more chips programmed as a master and keep them for the worst times when the master gets corrupted.

the same programer was used by my friend for last 1.5 year and thats why i tried to use that . but the PCB design was conjusted (number of tracks going from in between the microcontroller pin)
so i redesigned the board ,and so can tell that dont think its problematic.

but every body has his own views!!!!!!!