PDA

View Full Version : TSOP 1756 as IR Receiver

thaniks
11-21-2005, 11:38 AM
Hello All,

I intend to use the TV remote to control applications in the PC and in the begining stage. Only TSOP 1756 is available nearby and I have a PC with inbuild Infrared port.

Can you people let me know, if I can use this module for receiving/decoding the signals from the TV remote (Samsung Plano)? Does it need additional circuitry other than power, gnd and signal?
What modifications are required in the BIOS? ASKIR or IRDA?

Thanks for any help.

Warm regards,

Thaniks

vikas
11-21-2005, 02:26 PM
hmm

Please search before asing things like these ...

U can do what you want to do ... the simplest way is to look into the LIRC project ( if u work on windows then WinLIRC ) . google it and ull know . Build the serial reciver its simple and works fine .

thaniks
11-21-2005, 06:58 PM
hmm

Please search before asing things like these ...

U can do what you want to do ... the simplest way is to look into the LIRC project ( if u work on windows then WinLIRC ) . google it and ull know . Build the serial reciver its simple and works fine .

Thanks for your reply, Indeed I have been searching but mostly it has been specified as 38khz operation. I just want to know if we can use the 1756 module which uses the 56khnz carrier.

Thanks

vikas
11-22-2005, 12:47 AM
That now depends on your remote ( TX ) as the reciver is optimized for 56 Khz. You can try it out for normal remotes ( most ive seen work on 38 Khz - hence TSOP1738 ) . BTW the 38Khz RX is the most widely availible and quite cheap - strange that you can not find it in your area :) .

addy
11-23-2005, 10:13 AM
hi,
i suggest u to use tsop1738.....
its alot better
and can receive remote's ir very easily and tat too from a huge range{i got some what 4m}

ashu
11-23-2005, 10:58 AM
i think u should better try it with TSOP1738 as they are cheaply available @28Rs/-
but for that u wont be able to get any range if u want to operate it at 56Khz !!
because as u increase the frequency of the Transmitter then slowly range dies out .
if u increase the frequeny by 2.5KHz the range reduces to 1/4th
Above all u have to adjust urself with 38Khz provided u r not using any 56Khz frequency !!!