PDA

View Full Version : TT ball throwing & picking mechanism

abhijit8
11-21-2005, 01:08 PM
What is the best mechanism for picking up & throwing a tt ball?
i am thinkin of using 'vacuum cleaner" idea for sucking up the tt balls & 2 reverse the motor 2 throw them. But that throw will not be powerfull i think. What other design could be used 4 a more powerfull throw?

subot_robot
11-22-2005, 11:25 AM
Hi,
You can use springs to fire them. As for picking up the ball sucking it using vaccum like technique might not be feasible i.e. difficult to build. Use some simple gripper like mechanism.

Regards
Subot_robot

brazenoutlaw
11-22-2005, 04:39 PM
you can use compressed air to blow the TT ball. Here you can control the force with which you want to throw the ball.
another idea would be to have two motors, with brushes, running in opposite directions. when you place this at an end of a tube, waa laa there you have it. a canon. you can actually control the spin on the ball by using differential speeds on the two motors.
hope that helps
outlaw

abhijit8
11-22-2005, 09:27 PM
well i didnt nid 2 control the throwing speed. Nyway ur idea was cool.
i nid 2 throw the TT balls so that it atleast goes straight for 1.5m-2m.
How can u implement the compressed gas into such small bots?

As 4 picking them up i am using a pipe with a hair dryer motor at the end.
it is givin satisfactory results. What's ur suggestions?

I hav not yet build dat throwing mechanism. i am thinkin of implementing
spring mechanism. I hav also thoght of an electromagnet hammer.
what do u guys think?

ashu
11-23-2005, 11:11 AM
I think i idea suggested to u is good , I think it should work with Springs.
it will reduce ur motors' effort also !
try it out , loks nice!
bye !

brazenoutlaw
11-24-2005, 07:41 PM
i am not able to get your spring mechanism yet. hope u'd demistify that....
about your hairdryer thing, if feel too much power is spent for nothing. besides the speed of the fan is fixed. and then there is noise factor aswell...
how r u planning to pick up the ball ? suction is a good idea aslong as u r an expert at hitting the ball directly into suction pipe. i'm assuming you have a funnel as big as width of tt board to collect the ball and direct it to your suction mechanism.
anyways, check the new canon ad starring sherpova.