PDA

View Full Version : stepper motor selection

pankajrisc
12-08-2005, 02:40 AM
hi pals,
which ratings of stepper motor would b suitable for micromouse
Can anyone tell d ratings(medium cost) ?????

Sandeep
12-09-2005, 12:00 AM
12 v unipolar steppers are widely used for micromouse. The cheapest u can get them in old dot matrix printers, of 1.2mb floppy drives, many scanners etc. U can also buy new one for 200-300.

addy
12-09-2005, 01:17 AM
You can get even smaller stepper motors with same power (almost) , try to get the stepper motors found in EPSON dot-matrix printers........They are very small , much smaller than a 1.2" floppy drive motor, yet they are competitive!

If you are in Bangalore , then try in Sunday market, you can get them for as cheap as 15/- Rs. per piece!

devpriya
12-09-2005, 01:20 AM
You can get even smaller stepper motors with same power (almost) , try to get the stepper motors found in EPSON dot-matrix printers........They are very small , much smaller than a 1.2" floppy drive motor, yet they are competitive!

If you are in Bangalore , then try in Sunday market, you can get them for as cheap as 15/- Rs. per piece!

Hey guys that wasn't Addy, that was me :D. As usual he forgot to logout again :evil:

lhx
12-09-2005, 01:56 PM
does anyone know a good place in mumbai to buy steppers and other electronics from scrapped computer peripherals? I know just one place -Lamington. but i have never seen printers or scanners on sale, they only stock old FDDs n HDDs.

has anyone tried chor bazar?

Sandeep
12-09-2005, 06:43 PM
What devpriya posted is exactly the case for mumbai chor bazzar, try it u'll get good stuff there

lhx
12-10-2005, 10:33 AM
Thanks, will try that place.
at what price do they sell?

lhx
12-10-2005, 11:29 AM

Hey, I'll be in Bangalore next week. Is the Sunday Market open only on sundays? :o
How far is it from 6, O.T.C Road, Bangalore?
Any other place thats open on weekdays?