PDA

View Full Version : small 12v batteries needed..

addy
12-23-2005, 02:00 AM
hi guys,
i m making micromouse for yantriki.....
problem is that i m not getting gud small 12v batteries with high ampere hour.....
if anyone has any idea, jus lemme know.

taknev13
12-23-2005, 12:18 PM
u have mentioned abt ur micromouse and the battery for it.cud you be a bit more specific abt it? like wot is the ampere ratin ur lookin for and wot are the dimensions n wieght of the batteries reqd......and the budget u have for it....

answer these questions and i mite be able to help you.

devpriya
12-23-2005, 06:02 PM
Well i want something around 3Ah @ 12 V with weight less than 1/2 kg and size ........well my micromouse is 9cmX6cm so you only suggest some suitable size.

taknev13
12-24-2005, 12:13 AM
read you requirements..... sounds pretty demanding....well a micromouse with this kinda current rating could u just elaborate y do u nee dthese kinda power requirement....

and you havent mentioned your budget u can spend upon coz dat will be the deciding factor in choosing a battery

addy
12-24-2005, 02:03 AM
well i m using steppers, two of dem... and they r always power hungry.
runs satisfactorily only at 12v.
then i ve got many sonars and electronic compass for the job, and they do consume a gud deal of current....
and above all we want a battery which we can use for testing for long durations and not only for 10 mins of the game.
money is not an issue.....jus lemme know the place from where i can get such a battery in india.

subot_robot
12-24-2005, 10:51 AM
Hi,
You can try with 10 1.2volts 2100 mA AA Ni-Cd rechargable batteries. As for the total weight of 10 batteries I am not sure. You can stack them anyway u want around the robot body. but still the power requirement is very high for the size of the robot. If possible try to use stepper motors which consume less current.

Regards
Subot_robot

addy
12-24-2005, 12:25 PM
thanks for the info...
we have kept tat option as our last choice....
please suggest some batteries of these ratings if u know...
thnx

devpriya
12-24-2005, 01:21 PM
Hey that stacking up the battery, if that option is to be considered then I am getting cells of capacity 2800mAh @ 1.2 Volts, but i dont wanna stack them as my micromouse is very compact.

I thought of puttin Handycam battery pack , that has a capacity of around 4.5Ah @ 12V or a laptop battery if I can get a lighter one.

Do you guys have any further idea, any more devices I can rip which can provide me goob battery packs.

taknev13
12-24-2005, 02:53 PM
stacking up wud be the better option but if you are really bothered abt the wieght then wot i suggest is to go for lithium ion batteries ie if money isnt a constartint for you.

if u want to stack other kinda batteries go for the ni-mh varieties n not the ni-cad as ni-cad has memory problems...

ni-mh or ni-cad would be vailibe or can be arranged ....

addy
12-24-2005, 06:51 PM
u gimme the link or some contact no. of any person from whom i can get those batteries....
money is no issue at all... i m gettin my project sponsored....

or even better, gimme the product no.

taknev13
12-24-2005, 09:33 PM
this is a robotic company which deals with various kinds of equipments taking custom order for guyz .so you could just contact them and get your thng fixed .

it is in bangalore thier number is 080-41526083

you will be talkin to mr suraj who takes of the college guyz.

and do lemme know if it worked out for you

addy
12-25-2005, 12:26 AM
thanks for th info.....
wats the company's name????????

taknev13
12-26-2005, 12:05 PM
the companies name is ROBONENCE

and did you contact them regarding your queries coz you were in quite a hurry.

addy
12-26-2005, 12:16 PM
hi,
thanx for tat...
no, i haven contactd dem as of now...
ll do tat today and let u know wat they said....

addy
12-26-2005, 11:21 PM
hi taknev,
nice input man...
i called up tat guy and he's gud man...
gave me many gud options.
i got finally wat i got.
will go to buy dem in a day or two.
thanks man....

taknev13
12-26-2005, 11:54 PM
oh great news. so wot all options did he suggest you?
and which one are you gonna buy?

actually they are gonna come out with thier own boards like stamp ,motor controllers,servo n rservo motors and various sensors like compass ir n ultrasonic .

they had come to our college for a presentation.

ROBONENCE is wot they call themselves. they will be putting up thier website very soon.

newayz keep this post updated

addy
12-27-2005, 02:39 AM
'''they had come to our college for a presentation. '''

which colg r u in??????????

he gave a few options and said tat he can get wat i m looking for{for a gud price obviously}.

and yeah , he did mentioned tat he had alot more stuffs related to robotiks rather than the batteries....
he usually gets dem from hyderabad..

tat guy suraj, had a nice info about robotiks events. i mean he knew yantriki and other events...

taknev13
12-27-2005, 10:34 AM
actually im not in ne college now.they had cum to my college sum months ago.i was in mvjce.

newayz ROBONENCE guyz have a lotta information, ideas and knowlegde abt this domain.there are trying to help promote robotics in india through some standardized platforms..

ROBONENCE website will be up very soon thats wot i have heard.

great newyz that u got wot you were searching for.i think u can contact ROBONENCE for woteva u need regarding robotics.they might even suggest you some good thngs.

keep me updated after you purcahse and share your thots abt how good thier products are..actually even im planning to buy stuff from them once they go public.your feedback would be required.

addy
12-27-2005, 12:26 PM
thankx buddy..........
yeah their web page ll be up soon....
seems a pretty interesting group.
lets see wat all they have at disposal.