PDA

View Full Version : transmitter-reciever module (for data)

prabhanshu
12-31-2005, 01:06 AM
hi! can somebody tell me where (preferably in india) can i get a transmitter reciever, to which i give rs232 at input and recieve it in the same form(i.e. rs232). actually i'm trying to stream a video through my robo . also i don't need a high range , a range of around 50-60 m is enough for my task.
if you have some simple circuits which can be hand soldered than please do suggest and plz give me the circuit dia. i'll definitly try it out. and if you know some related shops in bangalore plz tell.

docel
12-31-2005, 03:37 AM
Hi,
check into http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/bangalorerobotics/
Look up Photos>17, 18 and 19.
You can hook up Video inplace of mic via 10UFD cap.

devpriya
01-01-2006, 02:37 PM
Docel I couldn't make out anything from your photo gallery. Please give me some circuit diagram which serves this purpose of wireless transmission of RS232 data.

I want to hook up this system on my survellience robot. So smaller is better

lhx
01-01-2006, 05:09 PM
I'd suggest using a wireless analog camera. These are avaiable in mumbai for abt 3500 Rs. and run on 9V batteries. OR Wireless IP Cams.
Uncompressed video steam would require too much bandwidth and compression would require complex onboard processing.

I have been toying with this idea (making a wireless surveillance bot) since long and I am convinced that it would be best to mount a PC motherboard with required AV devices and WLAN card OR use off the shelf FM TX for audio and wireless cam for video.

mounting a PC motherboard is the most feasible option - economically and technically. but it would consume more power and also make ur robot too big to be called a surveillance bot.

docel
01-03-2006, 06:39 AM
Dev..
Whats the problem?
Browse and download this: FM TX
http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/bangalorerobotics/photos/view/8268?b=13
on the lower left find C Mic for cond. mic. connect your Video sig at this point. Remove 47K res. Your Vid sig must be abt 2v PP. There is a 1Ufd el.cap between 47k and 4.7k junction.

subot_robot
01-03-2006, 06:29 PM
Have anybody used wireless camera for their robots?

Subot_robot

docel
01-04-2006, 01:02 PM
hi,

Plenty of times.

subot_robot
01-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Hi docel,
Can u please tell more about using wireless cameras on robot. Are u using the video for visual feed back for the user, or are using it for video processing? How r u capturing the video stream from the wireless cam and using it for image processing? Please give more detail about it. Thanks

Regards
Subot_robot

docel
01-06-2006, 01:58 PM
hi subot,
Please wait till sunday, will upload a tutorial on this.

subot_robot
01-06-2006, 02:28 PM
Hi docel,
thanks, I am looking forward for the tutorial.

Regards
Subot_robot