PDA

View Full Version : Frame grabbers wanted desperately......LInux.

3d
01-21-2006, 10:24 AM
hi everyone.
i am working on vision systems in linux and require frame grabbers having atleast 1024 * 768 resolution capturing facility . but this frame grabber must be compatible with linux. and have linux drivers available for it. it will be preferable to have the frame grabber support 2 simultaneous inputs, else one will be also ok.

if anybody is using any frame grabber please let me know.......model no and how to procure them.
cost not an issue. want them fast. dealer in india wanted.

ps: i have samsung sdc-243pd 4.1 megapixel analog o/p cameras.

taknev13
01-21-2006, 12:19 PM
hey i give u a framegrabber which is 640*480 resoltuion for which we will provide proper deevice drivers n support.

even the cost wont be much of a problem

is dat fine with you? and by wot time would u need the frame grabber?

if u have some time with you ie maybe 15 days.you could have some help.

3d
01-21-2006, 02:49 PM
thanks for the prompt reply........
but before i can reach any decision u have to give me proper specs and model no.

ps: do u have something with higher resolution?
what is the cost of the one u r proposing?
its an emergency and i need the thing fast.....4 days max.

taknev13
01-22-2006, 11:42 PM
hey listen maybe u took it wrong.it is not me who is goin to sell u dese.im just another robotic freak like you.but i can guide you to the right people.

wots your budget like and wots the purpose of your thingy?is it just for frame grabbing?

and are you planning to use it with your system?or is it stand alone?

if you want it very urgently try contacting them

Robonence
MR Suraj -080-41526083
try them out they mite be having your image based solutions n frame grabbers and keep this post updated about the happenings

3d
01-23-2006, 12:22 PM
hey thank you very much dude.

the budget is upto one lakh.

i want it for frame grabbing only and will use it along with a system. it wont be stand alone.

in india there are dealers of Matrox imaging , Imagenation framegrabbers , but they all require atleast a month to get things here from the US.

i am talking with them and will talk to these robonence guys. hope they have something off the shelf.

will surely keep u people posted.
thanks again.

3d
01-28-2006, 01:13 PM
I had promised that i will update you people about the final outcome.
so here goes.
i contacted the robonence people... and they had a linux frame grabber based on the bt8x8 chipset . they quoted around 30, 000 for 2 of these pci based things.
but i was not convinced that whatever they were supplying was any better than a tv tuner card.

all linux kernels after 2.2.xx have BTTV driver precompiled in the kernel itself.
so basically any board with a conexant BT8x8 based chipset will act like a plug and play device for linux . also in the doc of the bttv driver you will find a list of cards which are supported both model wise and manufacturer wise.

out of all the various models i bought Card no 39= pinnacle pctv rave , from nehru place for 2100 bucks only and used xawtv to grab frames. i got 30 fps at a resolution of 720 *540 noninterpolated. thats pretty good and pretty much the same specs offered by the robonence people.

by the way matrox imaging has an office at chennai and they have the morphis , helios and selios families of frame grabbers compatible with linux. the morphix family is about rs.30000 and these are really high grade cards. the REAL stuff. so for high quality vision problems you have an option. thats what we will use for the final robot.

thanks again.
hope you find this useful.