PDA

View Full Version : help on wireless remote to control a car

roboumang
02-02-2006, 11:54 PM
hi!!!!
sorry for being so stupid but could anybody please help me out with this one...... :oops: :oops:

i have to get/make a remote control like those which are used in ROBOTWARS (may b they are a lot advanced than what i want)
All i have to do is to use it to control a robo which i have to run through a predifined track which has turns ,inclined plane and water...

please if anyone could give me info about this one.......

docel
02-03-2006, 12:27 AM
Hi
Dismantle a remote car and reassemble it on a new chassis/platform.

roboumang
02-04-2006, 11:59 PM
HI....
Thanx for ur advice but i have a doubt ...
will it b ok to use RC car parts in competetions where only tyres n gearbox is allowed frm readymade parts.... :?: :?:
and can i add more controls to the already available controls...???? :wink:

docel
02-05-2006, 05:40 PM
Hi roboumang!
1. Onlyt remote tx/rx parts from TOY-CARS are allowed- not chassis, gear-box etc., Definitely not Futaba etc R/C. It also depends on the organisers, so confirm before you do anything.
Even this is tricky....for disqualification!!
2. No you cant. Why do you need more ch?

addy
02-05-2006, 08:39 PM
hi docel!!!

am back after brief break finally.....:D

i ve one question here :?:

is it really so difficult to make one wireless system for controlling a bot with as many channels as needed...??
i mean everytime u ll see guys ripping off a readymade module...
i ve never tried my hands on it, so i ve no idea as such...

rao
02-06-2006, 12:28 AM
depends on the amount of time in hand.. and money in hand

if someone has both and still rips.. that is dumb

but ripping for urgency or money saving is intelligent

Rao

vikas
02-06-2006, 12:51 AM
Also ripping turns out cheaper :)

a RX/TX casts atlease Rs 300 with suppose Micrel IC's

But RIP A chinese remote car : Rs 200 ... Rx/Tx + geared motor + Wheels - You get the whole damn bot without sensors and intelligence.

But you might face minor problem interfacing Rx/TX if u dont know what ur doing also high speed DAta transmission is not possible using the cheap RC part ( low end micrel is also 1200 Bps ) .

docel
02-06-2006, 01:24 AM
Hi addy, rao!
and vikas!
There it is, vikas got his word before me, at the nick of the moment1
Well, RF is not easy for the begginer or novice. This is not to say it is difficult, but you need to have a lot of knowledge, experience in circuit techniques, interfacing and the lot.
RF is blind science and behaves very peculiarly. Even with the right Test and Measuring equipment ( translate: in thousands of bucks) It is still a ghost. Most times, it is cheaper, easier and saner to use a ready ckt, unless you need the experience.
You cannot breadboard an RF ckt. Well designed PCBs themselves may misbehave.
Channels mean some kind of encoding and decoding. This will also mean interfacing problems, feedback, unwanted coupling, latching etc.,
Take a simple circuit: wire this and see what I mean. This is what I give to school kids as part of my Electronic course:
http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/bangalorerobotics/photos/view/8268?b=13

This is an 8channel TX, Xtal controlled, for use with a cheap FM RX (20 bucks) HT6034 DECODER;
http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/bangalorerobotics/photos/view/8268?b=14. The cost works out to Rs.300/- and a lot of blood, sweat and tears.....

Circuits are plenty on the NET, but they all assume that you are a super whiz kid in Elec.

Micrel chips are even more funny. They are the simplest chips: PLL controlled, Automatic antenna tuner, Data filter, AGC, Superhet design. You just need 12 components. But the chips are SMD.
To boast a little, almost all my clients get back to me during manufacturing for something or other, even with the extensive documentation that I provide with rhe prototype! ...and there are some big names with enough manpower, facilities etc., :lol:

It's not impossible, but not easy either. While I dislike ready-made stuff, as you can see in my RI posts, I still suggest cannibalising.
I will help anyone who needs the experience make your own TX RX, through this forum (and my unpredictable schedules- sorry vikas ...and addy) but you sure must be prepared for some blood, sweat and tears...

Vikas put it succintly enough: the same toy cars are now available for 100 bucks. And rao too!

Need 8 channels?
RIP 2!