PDA

View Full Version : image capturing using webcam and recognisation

jitendrabansal
02-08-2006, 03:50 PM
hi friends
has anyone worked on capturing still images from the webcam and storing them on your harddisk,so that they can be compared or processed at a later stage.

taknev13
02-09-2006, 10:58 AM
i have worked on realtime image proccesing and both storing off images n then doin the processing.

which language do u wanna code in and wots the os?

be a lil more specific.

devpriya
02-09-2006, 04:09 PM
What is your application ? I mean at what rate you want to process the information ? Sometimes it is required too !

yogi
02-09-2006, 06:26 PM
hi taknev13,

can u tell which language u worked, which webcam u used and wht u had done. I also want some image processing stuff.

jitendrabansal
02-10-2006, 04:51 PM
hey guys,

actually i am not concerned by the processing speed.
I would relish the code in any language,basically if it is in VB or JAVA using JAVA MEDIA FRAMEWORK API,
I am using the LOGITECH quickshare express cam.

My only problem is just to capture the image when i generate an interrupt and store it at a particular location on the hard disk
thats it the code should do that without the use of driver.

actually i am making a robot that would clean a house. it would photograph any object that comes in its way it would compare the picture with its database and place the object as specified in the database.

taknev13
02-10-2006, 05:11 PM
i can actually help you out with that. use vb as a gui n make dlls in vc++ n call them with vb.tho this would not be realtime but give you approx 1 frame in 1 second.

if u want better performance use vc++ to build the entire thng

taknev13
02-10-2006, 05:11 PM
i can actually help you out with that. use vb as a gui n make dlls in vc++ n call them with vb.tho this would not be realtime but give you approx 1 frame in 1 second.

if u want better performance use vc++ to build the entire thng