PDA

View Full Version : servo motors(standard and s71)

jitendrabansal
02-08-2006, 09:54 PM
hey guys
i need around 14 servo motors standard and s71.
i need it to incorporate in the legs of my robot.
i am in the process of making a biped robot with 8 degrees of freedom.

if anyone can please help me with the servo motors..
where to get cheap servos..

jitendra bansal

taknev13
02-09-2006, 10:57 AM
wots the rate at which you are looking for servo motors?

what is the hieght of your biped? and please give a little more specs of the biped maybe then i can suggest you something.

jitendrabansal
02-09-2006, 01:08 PM
hey taknev,

first of all i am just making the bottom part of my robot,i mean below the waist part ,according to my design the height of this part is somewhere around 35 cms. the chest and head part is about 15cm togethere it would just be consisting of a webcam and a moving arm thats it. i am symultaneously working on the image capturing part using my logitech webcam,

i wanted the servo motors to be as cheap as possible even in scrap it will do as this is my final year project and i have no sponsorships , i would be spending using my pocket money and i am doing this just because of my dream to make stand a humanoid, i have already developed the voice recognisation and speech part in java.

i am even ready to return the servo motors with some rental charges if it is possible that way.

please if you could help me with that ....

thanking you

taknev13
02-09-2006, 03:34 PM
hmmm sounds a lil realistic but robotics is a costly hjobby my friend

anywayz for the servos i thnk u get it in india for a min cost of 1k.

but i can suggest u some cheaper solution which would be a geared dc motor on which u could put a feedback mechanism .regarding the dc motors they are very cheaply avalible and can be modified without much difiiculty and could solve ur whole purpose.

i have also built a humanoid with vision n speech. regarding image also i could help you.

tell me if it would be fine for you to use geared dc motors instead of the servos?

ill definbatelly help you

taknev13
02-09-2006, 03:35 PM
hmmm sounds a lil unrealistic coz robotics is a costly hobby my friend

anywayz for the servos i thnk u get it in india for a min cost of 1k.

but i can suggest u some cheaper solution which would be a geared dc motor on which u could put a feedback mechanism .regarding the dc motors they are very cheaply avalible and can be modified without much difiiculty and could solve ur whole purpose.

dc geared motors are a fraction a cost compared to the servos in india and if you buy around 14 of them you will get it really cheap.

i have also built a humanoid with vision n speech. regarding image also i could help you.

tell me if it would be fine for you to use geared dc motors instead of the servos?

ill definatelly help you

jitendrabansal
02-10-2006, 06:26 PM
hey taknev

hi
thanks buddy for your advises

yaar it would be absolutely fine with me to use dc motors if it would be possible to control like servo motors.

hey taknev you have already made a humanoid
please guide me how i should go forward with mine.

please yaar
as of now tell me how did you captured images and stored them.

can you send me something like the project report of your humanoid . i wanted to know what have you actually did.

i think you can help me alot takdev.

please keep in touch.

thanking you..

jitendra bansal

taknev13
02-10-2006, 08:51 PM
hey if you want some good advise about building your humanoid i think you should call ROBONENCE 080-41526083 Mr Suraj

they will help you out properly and they dont charge anything for consulting and the best part is your issue of motors and image processing will be surely solved.

Dont hesitate to call them .They will ease out all your confusions.

Keep me updated about the happenings

taknev13
02-12-2006, 02:38 AM
dude did u talk to them ? or still have a problem?

atleast keep this post updated so that we all are informed

jitendrabansal
02-12-2006, 04:56 PM
hey taknev,

Sorry Could Not Communicate,
was busy,

We have got the first success towards our project.

We were able to find a module and develop it to suit our requirements.
Now We are able to capture images with tthe help of our webcam.

Soon we would be working on it to compare it with our database and recognise images.

Thanks for your interest taknev,

Sorry didnt talk to Mr suraj,
But WOULD TALK TO HIM TODAY,surely,

Taknev i found someone who had got the servo motors from delhi Lajpat Rai Market for Rs 10 / piece , all in scrap,

I dont know whether i would be able to get something like that or not.
Anyways taknev can you tell something more about how to use the dc motors as the servo motors..
Keep me informed about any help if you could provide about my project and the legs of course.

I was in delimma whether to have medium size legs or whether to have really small legs after i saw a video on a website.

Any ways would keep you informed about my developments and conversation with mr suraj.

KEEP smiling.

anticipating your help,

Jitendra Bansal

T

jitendrabansal
02-12-2006, 04:58 PM
Sorry Forgot to tell you that we had our first module developed with the help of JAVA media Framework.

Just let me know if you want the final code.

Jitendra Bansal

taknev13
02-12-2006, 07:30 PM
see dude regarding image processing its a cake walk if do it properly and step by step.

java i personally woudnt prefer dat for image processing but if u have done it then go ahead.

gettin servos for rs 10 i dunno how reliable it would be specially when u are makin somethng like a humanoid i dont suggest dose thngs ....

dc geared motors i thnk wudnt be difficult to use as servos if u have a feedback mechanism based on some refelective thngy.

and reagrding all these thngs again i feel u shuould contact ROBONENCE people for proper suggestions n guidelines coz they will guide u properly.

tak to them as soon as possible.most of ur doubts will get cleared.

bhatia
04-18-2006, 10:21 AM
hi boss, i m also workin on a humanoid and i ve just started, please guide me about the use of java in image processing and speech recognition.

And one more thnig, recently i ve found an java communications api, using
which u can control RS232 and parallel port of ur pc, just google Java Communications API to get to it on Sun's website, i think using java u can
pc control lots of things.

Shashank