03-26-2006, 11:43 PM
can we use l297+l298 to run unipolar motors

docel
03-27-2006, 12:26 AM
YES.

nmittal
03-27-2006, 12:58 AM
Hi,
you can always use L297 and L298 for unipolar motors. You can rather use 4 mosfets for driving your unipolar motrs. For example if you use IRFZ44 they have a current carrying capacity of more than 15 amperes with heat sink and will cost 5 Rs each. The L298 alone will cost around 100.

yogi
03-27-2006, 05:50 AM
you can use L297 + L298 to drive bipolar as well as unipolar steppers.
for unipolar you can use
uln2003
L293D or L298

nmittal
03-28-2006, 12:14 AM
Hi,
For unipolar motros anything which can be used as a switching element e.g. transistor, mosfet, thyristor, high speed relay, CMOS buffer will do.

docel
03-28-2006, 06:28 AM
Hi,
For unipolar motros anything which can be used as a switching element e.g. transistor, mosfet, thyristor, high speed relay, CMOS buffer will do.

...not to forget - Audio Amps!!

nmittal
03-28-2006, 10:24 PM
Hi Docel,
Sir ji I totall agree with you, anything which says "I can amplify" will also do

docel
03-28-2006, 10:42 PM
nmittal Bhai!

Just imagine...a dead car-stereo, 3wheels and the AF Pwr Amp driving the motors....in tune (translate step) with Babla's cacophonic drums!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
You gotta see my video of this!!

rao
03-29-2006, 11:26 AM
I think I will come down to Bangalore before leaving..

Gottta meet you Mr. Doce or is it Doc-el??l

nmittal
03-29-2006, 11:43 PM
Hi Docel,
Man I think you are going to be the father of analog robots in india.

At the midnight when whole world was asleep indian were giving birth to their analog robots.

I ll definitely love to see the video.

docel
04-01-2006, 12:21 AM
hi nmittal:

....missed the bus ( a misnomer sinse i never wanted one): NOW its patented and as "BEAM"....!

My school kids were making these a decade before the patent!!

Unfortunate, and astonishing: most people are selfish, henbce unsharing in their achievements and refuse to allow publication of their works. The fear of copyright.....The Right To Copy!!! Probably, I should respect their contention.

Plenty of examples of 'Idea Hijacking" going on and the original author gets the second berth...or none at all.

There's someone who has "invented electrostatic levitation and the subsequent "anti-gravity" machine in India, 45 years after a similar concept ...PATENTED but right now redundant!!

This is the classical case of "Earnshaw's Law violation" , or is it "disproved!" , the subsequent "hijack" of some inventors' undocumented concept, and its expiry, the commercial success and the recent public rejection and blacklist of the levitation paradigm.

True Inventions are subject to the Advt. Paradox wirth numerous historical corollaries dating back to the dark ages.

If you peruse my RI profile, you'll find my passion for "analog " !!

...not to mention "wireless battery charger" , 'Electro-static levitator/ antigravity machine' , "omni wheel' etc., etc., which are documented in many places, including mine but unpublished and unclaimed.

This is neither a 'Brag' nor a hijack. A lot of my students i've mentored are across the globe and can vouch for these, since THEEY made them.

:wink: :wink: I wonder if there was some sceptical tone , if not a sarcastic note in your post. :D :!:

An audio amplifier is the best bi-directional drive as most are complimentary pairs.. The components of any AF amp. nowadays is a power opamp that can assume +ve and -ve states. While the usage is 'analog' the action is 'tri-state'!!!

Moral:
A fish lays millions of eggs at one time and is silent. A hen lays one egg at a time, but cackles.
Almost everybody eats chicken eggs, but , no one eats fish eggs.
(caviar is an exception only a very few can afford ! )

sharvan
02-22-2007, 04:41 PM
can anyone possibly give me the circuit using L297 and l298 to run the

unipolar stepper motor .the circuit in the datasheet is for bipolar motor.

nileshtrivedi
02-26-2007, 02:57 AM
I think I will come down to Bangalore before leaving..

Gottta meet you Mr. Doce or is it Doc-el??l

I'm also gonna be in bangalore this full summer. And would like to meet docel too ! :)