PDA

View Full Version : Web cam based Image Recognition

Pulkit_gaur
09-06-2004, 03:59 PM
I have been doing Image reco. for last three years and i have developed some of Visual recognition applications.

My robot can see images , understand image patterns and can classify and recognise them , it can also recognise faces .can do pattern reco and classification . It has the ability to learn and has a brain equivalent of a nearly 2 year infant.It can memorise visual sequences also.
Its an autonomous robot with intelligent path and task planner.
It has a Natural language processing interface and can interact with the user through a conversaation.
currently working on making it more intelligent and adding more features.

I Have been working with Neural networks and Artificial Intelligence anyone having substantial interest may contact.

thanks and regards
-
Pulkit

nihar83
03-31-2005, 02:00 PM
hello pulkit,
i am also from ahmedabad. i would like to share some knowledge on vision systems and image processing. I have some base knowledge in Artificial Intelligence and Neural Networks. Can you help me increase my knowledge? i am doing my masters in Automation and DSP. I want to incorporate my industrial robots with some vision capabilities and in short make then intelligent. I have done courses in Image Procesing using Matlab. but main thing is i want to do so in the lab first so will be using a webcam and cant find a software for image recognition from a web cam and stuff. can u help me out? thanks
nihar shah

P.S.:- if u are free then you can add me at nihar_83@yahoo.com
or nihar_83@hotmail.com

and we can talk online. thanks a ton......

Techie
03-31-2005, 05:43 PM
I am looking for a webcam based ( so that the cost can be kept to the minimum ) image recognition software which can be used for many mistake proofing applications in the industry. the basic concept is like this :-

One or more webcams are to be connected to a computer through the USB port. The webcam iitself is mounted on any machine where we would like to focus and check for a part required in the assembly.Normally the image of the part is captured throught the webcam and analysed by the software .If the part is missing during the assembly process, this will be detected by the software and an alarm triggered.

While there are many commercial software integrated with sophisticated camera systems , these are very expensive and hence have limited applications. However a simple software and cheap webcam is used, we can have numerous application in machines for simple presence / absence detection of parts.

Could someone develop the software.

V madhavan
Contact - madhavan@satyam.net.in - mobile - 9818233662

vidur
03-31-2005, 07:44 PM
Hi madhavan

your job is that of feature extraction....yep it can be done with a little effort & funding.

To make something simple...you gotta capture the image of the assembled object lets say from some point on the line, compare it with a reference picture under the same lighting conditions..

To make the algorithm rugged you can put some features on the device that is being assembled like a big dot on every component of the device, that the camera software uses as a identification marker.( depends on what u're manufacturing

mexx
05-11-2005, 01:25 AM
i want to do image processsing using MATLAB.

can anyone help?

sumandeep1984
05-12-2005, 09:43 AM
Use OpenCV library developed at Intel...available free of cost .... is a real nice package....uses visual C++ ... much faster that Matlab ... can be used with almost as ease as matlab !!!

Bunnu
11-29-2007, 03:40 PM
I`m doing a project called an Intelligent Navigation Vehicle. the vehicle navigates through roads using a cam & range finder.I`m not able to find a good low resolution camera for the purpose. the resolution should be of the order of 30x30.
can u suggest me something in this regard

rick2047
12-05-2007, 12:05 PM
hi all,
I am also working on face recognition program using VB.net ... well as u can understand till detection it may be easy but to match the face with 'database face image' is tough. isn't it? well I need to get knowledge on nural networks .. or what u all sugges me to study on! .. because I want to understand the logic behind face recognition ..
as known OpenCV is available, I want to do it with VB.net or may be in C# further.
can anyone, if posible give some links or reference so that I can understand the face recognition process, ... algorithm.
in case algorithm I studied a lot of pdfs, but could not make the recognition part clear.

I saw one thing common in those all pdfs is :
Eigen value and vector ... well refresed it ..
Eigen value I think will work for color matrix ... I hope.
as the color matrix function in VB.net accepts 5x5 square matrix.
but it doesn't work for local transform or rotation in any image part.

let c what happenseee.
:? 8)

a link for very good explained site is here with other references :
http://www.face-rec.org/

Well my purpose is to add this program to my on going flying robot project WEEBOO :D .. (right now not working on that) ... for its VISION.
http://www.roboticsindia.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2528

on response I will try to make u understand my problem on related issue so that u can help me better.

-Rahul

Dissac
01-08-2008, 01:53 PM
My project is 'robotic navigation control system using image processing'.. My robot must recognize hand gestures and make its motion... I was advised to use opencv...but what exactly is opencv... please give me links for installation procedure.....