PDA

View Full Version : Parallel Port Interface to RC remote

zingcat
04-29-2006, 03:32 PM
Hi All,

Iam new to this group so pardon me incase i missed out on any of the etiquettes that have been set.

Problem:
Iam trying to interface my PC with the Remote Control of a RC car i bought. My idea is to use my PC to control the movement of the car. Please suggest as to how the circuitry should be designed so that i wouldnt blow my motherboard.

By the way you are doing a wonderful job by building a robotic community in India.

vikas
04-29-2006, 09:31 PM
Search site before asking for help

http://roboticsindia.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=65&mode=&order=0&thold=0

yogi
04-29-2006, 10:03 PM
for parallel port interfacing see my book

MY EXPERIENCE IN PARALLEL PORT INTERFACING IN C
get it from yahoo group-booksbybibin

RC car has some encoder decoder pairs. It has 4 input on Tx side and 4 output on Rx side. But the voltage is 3V. If you give 5V then your circuit will be burned.

Use ULN2003 to control the data because when u press a switch it actually sending a ground. But remember that ULN2003 is powered by 3V.

On the Rx side go for L293D. But I never tried with motors of the toy. But 12V motor will be good for this. Sometimes 3V motor creates some unnecessary probs.

lhx
04-30-2006, 09:21 AM
Study the switches, see where they are connected and what voltage they generate there when pressed/released. Once you find that out, connect parallel port pins to those points and write a program to make them high/low as required.