Balancing Robot - Accelerometer + Gyro + Arduino + Processing ( Step 1 )
by, 02-06-2010 at 10:59 AM (21373 Views)
These Days im building a Balancing Robot so here are step wise how to interface a arduino to Accelerometer and Gyro
Things ive used
1. ATmega8 Arduino ( ARP 1.0u)
2. DIY Proto Shield
3. 3.3V Zener + 330 Ohm for 3.3V supply
4. Triple Axis Accelerometer Breakout – MMA7260 ( @Sparkfun )
5. Gyro Breakout Board – LY530AL – 300°/s ( @Sparkfun )
The Gyro and Accelerometer were bought from Feemo India , as i found them the cheapest retailers of Sparkfun in India and Good service.
1. Buy the Stuff ... And Solder pin connectors ( The Gyro required Bent Connectors ) .
2. Build a Quick 3.3V Zener regulator ( This is for 5V to 3.3 V conversion ) , Check http://www.reuk.co.uk/Zener-Diode-Voltage-Regulator.htm for more details on this.
3. Connect Everything Together
4. Send all Analog Outs to Arduino Analog Port
5. Using Arduino Scope See Whats going on when you move around.
6. Nothings complete without a Video
Next Kalman filters ... Maths and me not so hand in hand .