vikas

Arduino/Riduino Motor Shield - Single Sided DIY

Rating: 7 votes, 4.71 average.
I wanted a single sided motor shield which would allow me to control a few servos and 2 DC Motors. All this while allowing easy sensor interfacing. The shield had to be single sided and DIP for DIY.

The shield given below is the result for the same.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	motorshield.jpg 
Views:	1911 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	205

Some Features -


  • Dual DC Motor support with PWM
  • Servo motor support
  • DIY Single sided PCB
  • Easy sensor interfacing
  • Stackable

Ideas for improving it are welcome ...

You can download the various required file to generate the shield here -

http://www.roboticsindia.com/public/...otorshield.zip
Categories
My Projects

Comments

  1. godslayer's Avatar
    i wanted this..! thanks.. ! how much will this might cost in DELHI?
  2. vikas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by godslayer
    i wanted this..! thanks.. ! how much will this might cost in DELHI?
    We will not be selling this , we are working on a new L298 shield and will release it soon after testing. You can DIY or buy from us.


    The above shield you can DIY for about 150 bucks max.
  3. akshay66's Avatar
    I guess L298 will cost around 210/-.
  4. godslayer's Avatar
    DIY LOL.. with that toner transfer.. Damn! sucks for making the boards!
  5. flashmani's Avatar
    What are the resistor and capacitor values. i can't see this in Schematic. Can you please provide the parts list.
  6. rao's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flashmani
    What are the resistor and capacitor values. i can't see this in Schematic. Can you please provide the parts list.
    Download Eagle PCB Free and also the zip file provided here. Open the .sch file in Eagle and you will get the parts list and the circuit diagram.
  7. flashmani's Avatar
    The parts list does not show the resister and some other values....provide those vales

    Part Value
    7400N 7400N
    B1
    B2
    C1 100n
    C2 100n
    C3 100n
    C4 100n
    C5 100n
    D1
    EXT1
    F1
    F2
    J1 PORT D(D0-D7)
    J2 PORT C(A0-A5)
    J3 PORT B(D8-D13)
    J4 POWER
    JP1
    L293D L293D
    MOTOR1
    MOTOR2
    POWER
    PWRLED PWR
    R1
    R2
    R3
    R4
    R5
    R6
    R7
    RESET
    SV1
    SV2
    SV4
    SV5
    SV6
  8. aqa_aqa's Avatar
    What is name of program with witch you created image?
  9. flashmani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flashmani
    The parts list does not show the resister and some other values....provide those vales

    Part Value
    7400N 7400N
    B1
    B2
    C1 100n
    C2 100n
    C3 100n
    C4 100n
    C5 100n
    D1
    EXT1
    F1
    F2
    J1 PORT D(D0-D7)
    J2 PORT C(A0-A5)
    J3 PORT B(D8-D13)
    J4 POWER
    JP1
    L293D L293D
    MOTOR1
    MOTOR2
    POWER
    PWRLED PWR
    R1
    R2
    R3
    R4
    R5
    R6
    R7
    RESET
    SV1
    SV2
    SV4
    SV5
    SV6
    Is there any update on this. I made the pcb ready. i am waiting for the resister and other components values.....

    Please help me.....
  10. vikas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flashmani
    Is there any update on this. I made the pcb ready. i am waiting for the resister and other components values.....

    Please help me.....
    All resistors co9nnected to LED's are 1k all others are 10k
    All Caps are .1uF
    Diode is IN 4001

    Let me know if i missed something
  11. ankit26's Avatar
    heyyyyyy
    does this shield able to run 2 stepper motor and a servo motor at same time????
    please help me its really urgent!!!