Thread: doubts in ckts and other stuff...

Member Advanced User

Default doubts in ckts and other stuff...

hi guys....

i actually had to ask 3-4 things and so dint know what section to put it in .. so this ends up here ..

here we go...
    the help files on the picaxe prog software say that i can use an Ic L293D (which i bought) to drive motors.. . problem is how much input voltage shud i provide it w/o blowing it up.. then againg any idea what o/p it gives.. i am thinking of using two 24v motors (got them from chor bazaar real cheap )
    i think i might have to use a amplifier or something .. ne suggestions?

then again.. pic axe uC provides pwm o/p on one pin.. so i think i couple it with a AND gate (or something like that) and get control of individual motors and the o/p goes to the L293D..

what do u think... this all is for the line follower for the iitb techfest thing..

and btw vikas... thanks for that pcb making tutorial.. just saved me abt a dozen headaches ...

mandar

Senior Member T-1000

the L293d's can have a max input of around 30 V...that's the max rating in the datasheet.
    Yup ,u can wire ur 2 motors to one L293d safely...one per channel
    ...no need of an amp...The l293D uses something known as an Hbridge...ur input is a 0-5V signal output is what supply u give the 293D ..say 15V
    I think the 293D supports PWM...again check the dsheet...i'll check and tell u.

how much does the axe cost any way...did u order it from out?
    bye
    ice
    //gerry

Senior Member T-1000

mandar,
    u can use the L293d [rather any equivalent motor driver] for PWM ,i checked it out.
    ice
    //gerry

Member Advanced User

thanks a lot

i got the pic axe from US .. i guess i have posted the link under another thread or something.."what is the axe for".. but that guy delivers only in the US and a friend of mine was coming here from US that time.. so she got it..
    it cost me abt $11.. inclusive of shipping and handling..
    actually just too scared to do anything to it.. dont want to screw it up.. so asking a helluva lot of questions b4 committing to anything..

will start on the thing now..

mandar

Senior Member T-1000

mandar,
    i can understand ur fear...i blew alot of PICS,Just be careful while programming.If u put it the wrong way in the socket,it buns up...so be cool. and test all ur connections.
    I would recommend using the f84 or rather any othe PIC chip,in case this blows...If u need help...for code..go here..
    piclist.com

ice
    //gerry

Blog Entries

Default ur right

ur right ice ... one SHOULD check connections before putting in the uC ( Well ive burnt only one 2313 till date ) but messing up even a single uC costs Rs 150 + which is not cheap in any way .

take care .... learn from your mistakes ... If you make them