Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hovercraft

Blog Entries

Default Too LATE!!!

Rajshekar!!
    Please SEE the date before you post!!
    Prani must be doing his MS by now ( His profile doesnt specify his qualifications, and i have NOT seen him for a long time on the Forum!)
    Further, Prani has not responded to my post at all :evil:

If you want to help, just post the details here. This may help other guys new to the project.

Your post asking for the guy to "ASK" you, after 1and-a-half years iof his requirement is not meaningful.

And Stop responding to OLD posts, without any further useful contribution from your side!!!
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

http://bangalorerobotics.tripod.com

Member Advanced User

Doc,
    One of my seniors from mecchanical engineering has constructed an hovercraft with an IC engine. I am not aware of the specifications of the engine. It is a pretty big one such that a person can ride it. The thing that I noticed was that the craft is able to build up pressure such that the float is formed. But it could not move forward or backward. What could be the reason?
    I think there should be some pressure leak since I could notice the engine running at its max. power.

Default Re: Too LATE!!!

Docel

Its nice of u that u notified me regarding the posting date. but answering older posts is user dependent u should not impose ur views.

Blog Entries

Hello Sai!
    IC Engines do put out "HPs" of power and it is quite easy to build one. A complete understanding of the basic science and some application of Weight/volume considerations of the materials is all that is needed. The Internet is full of these projects nowadays, I have noticed!

A Hovercraft is "easy' made to 'hover' but quite difficult to steer, unless other techniques of 'forward' propulsion are used. Most internet designs propagate the 'Hover' technique, for ease of pafrication, and the steering is left off, since it involves mechanical expertise that may be daunting to the begginer/ experimenter.
    The steering mechanism is similar to the rocket principles: any air escaping at force, perpendicular (and unidirectional) to the "Lift" air will move the craft in a diametrically opposite direction ( by Newtons III Law).

Any air producing device that can inflate a 1.5m dia x 1ft air bag is capable of lifting 1 human, 1" - 2" off the ground.
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

Blog Entries

Hello Rajshekar!
    You are welcome to answer any post of any vintage provided you can relevently add to the content.
    Answering to old posts without relevant addition to the technical content ON THE FORUM , which cannot be used or is not useful to anyone is a waste of forum space. Further, these posts occupy space tthat is better occupied by relevant posts of current and otherwise sticky topics.

My observation is releted to most of your posts that DO NOT add to the content , but solicit 'private mails' to your notice. This is opaque to the new browser of the Topic, and will push other new topics off the "current" panel. (This "PM me" may be alright for current Topics)

Please understand and comply. Any such posts may be deleted in future in the interests of the Forum.
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

Default hello docel

Thank you for the information. i will keep the info in mind while posting the messages.