Thread: ADC

Default ADC

hi , i've heard about the ADC Method using in line followers , could i know the algorithm for it ? what i know is that i should record a value while the bot standing on the white and then record a value while the bot is standing on black ... but i dont know the rest , how the algorithm works ..etc ?

thanks

Senior Member T-1000
    Blog Entries

hi..

After your post, i thought of making an LFR with ADC. I just made a sensor box with two LDRs and two White LEDs. The idea is to read the LDRs (CdS),
    use a threshold value to know which is a line. You can use a trimpot in series with LDRs for matching (between the two LDRs), and to adjust the sensitivity.
    The advantage is, it works even when the contrast between the line and the background is poor.

The basic algorithm remains the same, eventhough "am-i-in-the-line-or-not" decision making part remains tricky. If you do it good, you can use the same robot with different backgrounds.

i havent yet mounted the sensor box to the main bot, i'll post pics and code when i complete it.
    .... I didnt do it ! ....

hmm , thanks alot for ur reply , i wish to see the algorithm and the code, well , i wanna ask a question, if i wanna put a sensor array also , should i've an ADC for each LDR ? i've adc804 and 89c52.

hmm , thanks alot for ur reply , i wish to see the algorithm and the code, well , i wanna ask a question, if i wanna put a sensor array also , should i've an ADC for each LDR ? i've adc804 and 89c52.

im waiting for ur tutorials so hard

Senior Member T-1000
    Blog Entries

check these out....

http://www.robotroom.com/Sweet.html

chaokhun.kmitl.ac.th/~kswichit/ROBOT/Follower.pdf

try developing an algo by yourself. I dont think its a difficult one. That way, you will have better understanding...

and you can find a lot of algos in the net .. do a simple google.

all the best!!

ok, i've tried google , and i found many ideas but really i didnt get most of them , hmm , i wanna ask a questions , im using 89c52 and it doesnt have an ADC, im gonna use ADC804, should i use for 5 sensor arrays ,for every one an ADC for it ? or what to do ?

thanks

Senior Member T-1000
    Blog Entries

dont use 0804.
    Its obsolete. if you really want to use external ADC, try 0808
    but there are 8052 variants with built in ADC available. those have 8 channels ADCs. Alternately, you can use PIC, AVR etc...

hi allbits,

wht abt the cost of adc0804 and adc0808

u can make an adc0808 from adc804 using analog mux(cd4051,mc14051)

Bibin John
    www.booksbybibin.tk

Default ads7841

I use ads7841 for ADC and interface to 8051 microcontroller.

I plan to build wall-follow robot using Range Measurement sensor.

Now, I have write C code interface to ads7841:

http://mcu-programming.blogspot.com/...terfacing.html

And I bought Sharp range Sensor but it was under testing now. :?:
    Microcontroller Programming:
    http://mcu-programming.blogspot.com
    uC - News, Resources and Tutorials