View Poll Results: Have you ever had back/neck pain?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Frequently

4 44.44%
  • Sometimes

2 22.22%
  • Whats a back pain ?

3 33.33%

Thread: Healthy Engineers...

Senior Member T-1000
    Blog Entries

Default Healthy Engineers...

Now for an off topic one.. but i am really curious on this one.

How many of us roboteers have developed neck/back pains?

Asking cause yesterday i got discharged from hospital after 3 days of treatment for neck pain.. physiotherapy to follow this week.. maybe the chair,posture,blah blah, a lot of things to blame. Anyway i am off work for atleast a week.. need complete rest

I assume a majority of the members are from the engineering background, which demands you spend some time on your computer....

Also curious on how many roboteers at RI are health freaks....
    .... I didnt do it ! ....

Blog Entries

Well for one i Work out on alternate days, cardio and stregth training . I also take protiens and other suppliements ( so you can call me a newbie health freak ). So now such stupid Shit pains for me now.

Though earlier it was bad - Wrists kept paining ( too much computers ) , Neck pain , back pain ... Bla bla bla ... list goes on .
    Vikas Patial

Ya.

Even I suffer from very frequent Pain in the neck,head,eyes, shoulders,back... and it goes on for the entire day untill you eat a medicine like combiflam or something. sometimes even they dont work.

It even brings water in my eyes if the pain is terrible.

Member Android

allbits,
    Good that you started this topic.

For me sitting in front of computer is more than 16-17 Hrs. Desktop is ok.. but once you get a laptop you sit where ever you like and which ever way you like ..

Actually it is very frequently for me. Back, neck wrist and specially right hand fingers.. ( because of mouse)

And more over this every day around 40 Kms ( both side) drive to my office.

If you share the exercises which the doctor told you to do.. I would be a gr8 help..
    Thanks
    Mishradk

Senior Member T-1000
    Blog Entries

hmm... at hospital, i had some weight hanging on my neck.. it was a funny feeling.

I had this pain some time back, and i did ayurveda (massage). it was very effective, and it is not difficult to get a good ayurveda doctor in kerala. That helps really well, but you have to spend 3 weeks or so depending upon your pain.

and this time i did some physiotherapy (did i spell it right :?: ) and i was asked to do some neck streching and so and so which i found really stupid.
    For long term recovery i would suggest a good ayurveda massage (there are thousands of fake ones in kerala) but spend at least two weeks for that.
    .... I didnt do it ! ....