Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Robot vision

Senior Member T-1000

Yup Vikas's right.
    Try looking at the MII1200

I did see a comparison table somewhere.I'll mail when i find it.

My budget is around 14500( :cry: my entire scholarship from school) Never mind!!I will be learning very good things from this project.

But, the actual thing is that if the costs go high , the project won't be economical enough. Then I will have to add : since the cost of the microprocessors are going down day by day the coming years will prove to be beneficial for large scale use of such devices.

Will it be OK.Means,do you people add such things in your project report.

If yes,then its fine.

Please,Please,Please recommend something ..

The VIA EPIA MII1200 Mainboard is really good.It has a floppy connector also,lot of memory, really high speed

I am searching for its documentation.

Will the board be available in delhi or anywhere in india.

I have found a site linitx.org.
    I hope to find something nice here.

The picopsu is a real small power supply(12v DC) for such a processor

Also, is it possible for a robot to distinguish a person standing 500-600m away from the surroundings,i.e detect a person from such a distance(using image processing)? Are there standard algos for this problem or I will have to prepare my own.

I am reading Digital image processing(II edition) by gonzalez and woods.Is it a good book or I should go for something else.

Is there any need of reading this book or should I start learning about the C libraries for image processing.

Also how do I write the program for the MiniITX. I know C++ quite well. But I have never written such big programs. Only small ones. From where should I learn about which port is for what and where to send the signal now etc.

Helppppp Please!

Blog Entries

Also, is it possible for a robot to distinguish a person standing 500-600m away from the surroundings,i.e detect a person from such a distance(using image processing)? Are there standard algos for this problem or I will have to prepare my own.
    Face recognition algos are availible - But at 500 -600 meters ull have to get some kind of camera with a pretty high optical zoom - this itself will cross the buget you mentioned.

I am reading Digital image processing(II edition) by gonzalez and woods.Is it a good book or I should go for something else.
    Build a small project which has the ideas uve learnt implemented.Anyhow application specific algos will never be found in a book oull have to look up research papers ( check out citeseer ).

Also how do I write the program for the MiniITX. I know C++ quite well. But I have never written such big programs. Only small ones. From where should I learn about which port is for what and where to send the signal now etc.
    ITX is nothing but you normal PC with a small form factor - so like you run the programs on you normal PC do the same on it.

Under your buget and experiece - ITX will be the simplest and most afordable platform for you to work on.
    Vikas Patial

Thanks a lot. I will start with ITX.

Try to get SERVO magazines of July-November 2005 from rapidshared.org.
    They have a 5 part series on image analysis, vision systems. A very nice tutorial to get an idea of the algorithms and implementation.
    You can try to implement those algos on your computer using MATLAB or an opensource language like python.

Implementation using a language like C will be a pain in the ass. In Python and Matlab the coding becomes very easy as you deal with matrices and vectors instead of individual components.

are these mini-itx boards available in india ?? ne1 with past experience with them ?