Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the first ever ALL INDIA JUNIOR ROBOTICS CHAMPIONSHIP

Default the first ever ALL INDIA JUNIOR ROBOTICS CHAMPIONSHIP

hey guys .. m a 2nd yr student at IIT Bombay.. We are organising an all india junior robotics championship .. the first of its kind in india.. exclusively for school students,i.e. till std 12th .. we are planning it in the end of april 2007 ..

pour in your views regarding the preffered dates.. so that you guys can get sufficient time to prepare ..

Girish agarwal

Blog Entries

having been at the RKP fest ... ull be surprised with the entries .

Funniest one i saw there was .... two wheels connected directly to two motors and two battries - now how is that a robot. Other wise itll be mostly ripped RC cars and maybe a few robot kits .
    Vikas Patial

Blog Entries

GREAT!!
    ...and Good Luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by vikas
    having been at the RKP fest ... ull be surprised with the entries .

Funniest one i saw there was .... two wheels connected directly to two motors and two battries - now how is that a robot. Other wise itll be mostly ripped RC cars and maybe a few robot kits .
    Yes Vikas. But....this has happened in the Engg. Techfests too!!

All good things have pathetic starts. The next is better than last and so on...!

OK. SO, lets do something to change that!!
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

http://bangalorerobotics.tripod.com

Blog Entries

...but most dont get beyond ripping RC / building LFR's. thats the 95 % story .

The ones who do ... go on to build great stuff.
    Vikas Patial

too bad i wont be able to participate, would have passed out by then.

April is too early in the year, most school are either having exams or just in the beginning of the year, if you want more response may is a better choice, just my 2 cents.

Default true

wel guys i think most of the boards wud hav been done wid their exams .. n yeah it wud jst be the beginning of the yr .. wel it can be shifted even to may 1st week .. but we shud get a strong response supporting dat ..

n for u .. 12 th pass students can also be a part of this .. dey wwudnt hv got dere results by den .. so they r considered as secondary school students ..

i hope dats a gud news .. pour in more ideas man regarding this date thingy ..

n ya da funny entry u r talkin abt .. no man i don agree .. its always da first time .. da immature minds arent expected to show miracles out dere .. so its fully acceptable ..

Check out the FIRST competitions in the US
    www.usfirst.org

or you have already (seeing your ID )

They provide with KITS for the students to make the robots/machines with.
    A good idea i think considering the kits aren't too simple and can be a good learning tool at that age level.

I personally think its a great idea for having such competitions for upto 12 std students. esp. the guys in junior college should be able to come up with innovative designs.... since they arent too off of wats taught in the FE...

Great job!

Blog Entries

Right ppppking!

.....and First, You can register 5 entries from bangalorerobotics.

One thing , though:
    Please have Junior and Senior sets. It is not justified pitting school kids (1 to 12th) and Junior College guys ( they may be from +2 PUC Electronics) against each other. Better still, restrict the event to 10th std.
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

http://bangalorerobotics.tripod.com

yeah i have already checked da FIRST league .. n u guessed dat rite frm my ID .. wel abt da difference in levels .. i shud tel u dat we r plannin it on ywo levels .. basic and advanced .. assuring dat dere is no undue advantage to ne1 .. shal discuss da details wid u guys .. but rite now wat m concerned with is da datwe which i need to chalk down as soon as possible .. so if possible keep checkin da general reviews .. or suggest me some forum .. where i can find active school children ..