Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: elliptical path...help!

Blog Entries

normal wheels can do so.. from the mechanical point of view.. you have to make a controller that implements the equations of motion that is an elliptical path..

Your input would be the geometry of the path and the out put would be the wheel velocities..

Rao

Not sure if its practical...just thought

How about a steering mechanism controlled by a servo? You can define the angles for the servo using either equations or better trials n errors.

I am not sure whether you have servos at your place...but still...

Member Android

oops! I missed the no sensors part

najirs what are you trying to build exactly?
    and why no sensors? ....some rule?

actually my robot has to be preloaded with two balls(actuallly basketball) and should put them in the cylinder common to both mine and my opponent's robot......of course there are white lines on the floor........now...using ldr/infrared sensors.....i know everybody will implement those things....... but seeing the gamefield what i realised is that if i make my robot to move on the elliptical path somehow.....i can reach the cylinder first....u may argue and say that i'm so very amateur, stick to the ldrs!.....but if elliptical path is possible why not give it a try.....
    well somebody suggested about optical mouse.....hacking a optical mouse sounds exciting though!......i did lil bit of google on it...but found nothing useful.......except howstuffworks and wikis.....
    any more suggestions?

Why elliptical?
    Why not do it in straight lines?

With perhaps slight reduction in avg. speed but certainly with much simpler design and a stronger chance of it working out!

i don't know....this elliptical thing struck me like hell when i realized it......
    anyways if i'm going to follow the lines, there is much chance of collision with opponents bot.....plus my "secret service" informed me that the opponents are using some chinese imported motors - dead fast. I'm with my good ol' wipers.....So....

Blog Entries

Najirs!
    I think you are complicating what seems to be a simple thing.
    Every task nad problem statement has a set of rules and dimensions. You are talking in riddles. This will only help us to confuse you even more.

Doing an ellipse is an engineering challenge. A lot of people cant even draw an ellipse, although it is very easy. Making a robot go straight is itself a trying job, but an ellipse??? i sugges that you forget it and get down and make a Robot first, get it to move straight, make it turn etc., [i] and then try the ellipse!]
    Knowing a little programming will not help, unless it is through any other source other than your college syllabus and classes!! :lol: You are looking at real components and controller with PC and Programmer hardware and that itself is some job.
    FAST does not mean SURE! Every game has game plan that is called strategy. Proper planning is the means of doing somethjing successfully. The most important part is the Sensors and their working. Everybody thinks it is simple and concentrate on Microcontrollers, algorithms, etc etc., They wont work unless the sensors work properly. After so many posts, you mention "lines" now :evil:

This post is into the 2nd page, and we have been quite tolerant, not to forget quite helpful too! . It's high time that you spelled out the problem and the details of your competition. A link will do, well do the reading ourself, think about it and suggest things to you.

Please follow the KISS principle: [Keep It Simple , Stupid :!: :!: :!:]

Good Luck!
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

http://bangalorerobotics.tripod.com

Thanx docel...for ure suggestion...
    i'don't know..may be i'm too amature..so that i'm complicating tthings too much....anyways...i've decided to adopt IR thing to follow the path.....and for u
    http://www.robotics.org.np/downloads...vised9asoj.doc

any further help is appreciated..

P.S: once again sorry for not being clear

Blog Entries

Hey ! dont worry. All of us are Amateurs here.

I just pointed out what should be the priority in making a Project. You are complicating in the sense , you are looking at some weird method before building the project.
    Just get something working first, in accordance with the Problem Statement. THEN think of other methods. Else, you'll land up with too many problems even before starting.
    Nothing to be sorry about...:-)

Try the IR & line following method. Let us know if any problems and we'll help out. Hope youve located some Motors. (The kathmandu I know used to have a lot of impotrted stuff on the footpaths...! toys and stuff)

Good Luck.
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

http://bangalorerobotics.tripod.com