Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lets solve this

Blog Entries

Yes it works , ive seen its mention and usage in servo mag too. No its not slow , suppose i do a 640x480 capture = 300 KBytes ... a normal pc will calculate everything in micro seconds for basic image transforms.

h/w image processor ... suppose we use a minimum 320x240 ( web cam res ) we need 75 KBytes of mem / frame .... this amnt of ram is not availible on normal 8bit ones also ( max being 64k ), also processing such image will take time on these processors. So 8 bitter are out if you wish to use a camera ( sonar / IR ranger might work though ).Also u need a high res camera ... a simple CMUCam / AVr Cam wont do the trick.

DSP for one , availability is a issue. if you get one interfacing the camera is the second issue. and the whole coding thing the third issue .

YOu can go in for a SBC if you want fast development times , and dont wanna waste time learning new technologies like DSP/embedded linux etc.
    Vikas Patial

Have a look at this:
    http://www.hackaday.com/2006/12/02/d...les-announced/
    Go into the website. There is a sample code and design for autonomous gun which tracks and destroys moving targets emitting IR. Perhaps this might be useful.

Member Android

But sad .. after 5 mtrs the LED is not that prominent..

Though my web cam is a Logitech cam .. but it is not Quick cam Express... but Quick Cam Messenger..

so the software from the web site will not work.. so i can not try before going in this path..

How about sending the web cam's data to computer via any wireless method?

Any one any has any idea.. any link :wink:

Member Android

how to make the IR LED work now?
    This the is main question for now..
    I will appreciate you people's help...

Regards
    Mishradk

Blog Entries

Looks like an Oscilloscope and FFT analysis to me.
    1. The Led light can leave traces(DRAW or PLOT) and the XY cordinates can be measured...
    2. DSP with built-in Mcontroller is available: MSP, family, but I dont see the need to be that elaborate.
    3. The AVRCAM is another possibility. Is there a strong need for a WEBCAM and a PC?
    4. It is better to use a CCD camera, as it is more sensitive than the readily available cheap CMOS Web cams.
    5. :wink: Use a Scanner as a camera! Even a BarCode reader!

One thing , though: What work does the Robot do?? and what does the Det. Module tell the Robot???
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

http://bangalorerobotics.tripod.com

Blog Entries

IF you are trying the intex ones.. they even have built in mics, nice output.. really clear at 320x240, have night vision!!!!!(upto a certain level though)

and cost a mind boggling 200/- flat!!!

Rao

Member Android

Hi docel..
    Let me try out with the software see if it detects any IR LED trace

2. DSP with built-in Mcontroller is available: MSP, family, but I dont see the need to be that elaborate.
    I was thinking about this because the DIP can itself do the job. As less data is communicated to PC / Control unit, the control unit can do many things like high graphics rendering.. which itself is a big task for the PC.. ( control unit)

3. The AVRCAM is another possibility. Is there a strong need for a WEBCAM and a PC?
    only thing which stops me for going to AVRCAM is that $100 + Duty.. and 176 x 144 pixels max.. just will be glad to know if any one has used it..

In my case the robs job will be to see that the center of the 4 LEDs is inline with the cam. and steppers will do the job which is quite easy..

I will be happy if PC is not used in this image processing..

I need PC to plot a graph of movement just taking the x, y value..

4. It is better to use a CCD camera, as it is more sensitive than the readily available cheap CMOS Web cams.
    Could you please give me some more info on this?

5. Use a Scanner as a camera! Even a BarCode reader!
    I think they can not take picture from 10 Mtrs.. and i am trying to make a system as cheap, compact as possible..

As I dont have knowledge on digital image processor chips.. I will be glad to know more about it.. and how it can be used in this case..

What my idea is ..

Take Video stream from cam,
    convert that to 2 color
    take the center of the white patch .. ( LED) and send the output as x, y ...

as we are not interested in any other data.., can not we make a stand alone system to do this job?

The way we give Microcontroller to do some tasks again and again... there should be some Image processing chips who understands a common protocol between them and cam . and does the job and gives the data out..

Mishradk[/quote]

Member Android

Hi
    there is a website microimpex.com
    They deal with High power IR LEDS..

I have ordered few.. hope those will solve my problem.
    Mishradk