Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom enclosers / laser cutting

How complicated is the shape of the box that you want? Is it something similar to the box that is available for making amplifiers etc. The point is that, if the shape of the box is not very complicated, then u can actually go for precision aluminium fabricators (manual). They make all the pieces by hand (and using precision fabricating m/c) but professional looking and you can powder coat it with req colours. And the cost is also very low. I got all the parts of my robot fabricated by such people for less than < Rs.2000

Since you want only 10 pcs, die making is not worth, unless u have plans for producing it in mass in future.

Regards

happy_99

I think you should find a prototyping industry.. some rapid tooling..

Senior Member Cyborg

wow its just a metallic box guys(isn't vikas)

first design ur model in sold works and contact some sheet metal work guys to do all that cutting and bending work.later go for black powder coating.that will give u amazing final look.
    and sheet metal with 1-1.2mm thick after bending will give u amazing strength.
    let me know abt the box shape and sizes.may be i can help u, as i have all the required resources.
    I am reactive.

Senior Member T-1000

Firoz,

Mail me some details at biozen@gmail.com

I need to get some different kinds of enclosures fabricated.

Regards,
    Mohit.

Senior Member Cyborg

i did.
    but didn't get any reply from u.
    I am reactive.

Quote Originally Posted by wizardjack
    One Question vikas: How much is ur budget?

If you are looking for molded pieces, then itz better to go with what you get in market (off the shelf kind). Getting those pieces customized is lot cheaper than getting a custom molded piece. IT can be a bit expensive specially for small no. where you cannot amortize the cost of making the mold on the no. of pieces required. Cost of making the mold itself can get to few 10k Rs.

Other option will be to use Acrylic sheets or aluminum. Acrylic sheets can be bent (but only simple curves. need some heat treatment) and cut easily. They can be glued using feviquick. Looks good but are not very sturdy.

Aluminum is better but will cost more than the acrylic sheets and is surely more durable then the acrylic.

I know of few areas where itz done in mumbai but am not aware of any in delhi. You may start looking in the areas where some sort of injection molding or metal work is done in delhi. Those are the areas where you will find someone to do this kind of work for 10 pieces.

Just my two cents
    its depends maybe you have some 20k for this mold