Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HELP Needed for UAV project

Am waiting for your reply Docel. What happened?
    Last edited by kalee; 01-30-2010 at 08:07 PM.

Blog Entries

@kalee

I would love if you can make one for < Rs 10000 which can do sustained flight , takeoff and landing .

Document all the steps , give the UAV to me and ill pay you 10k .

I still dont think its possible , Saying this is cheap that is cheap is one thing ... but ground reality is different.
    Vikas Patial

Quote Originally Posted by vikas View Post
    @kalee

I would love if you can make one for < Rs 10000 which can do sustained flight , takeoff and landing .

Document all the steps , give the UAV to me and ill pay you 10k .

I still dont think its possible , Saying this is cheap that is cheap is one thing ... but ground reality is different.
    Well all that i did is to put a suggestion, that we can procure the parts needed for making it under 10k! i even gave the links on how you can buy the parts for <10k. and i guess i dont have the time to make such a thing. i agree making it cheap will downgrade the quality, but i can assure it isnt that bad as you Docel put it. it will fly although you will have to put in much more extra work than you put into making a normal thing. Well.. about me making and selling it to you, you wont get it for 10k because you will have to pay for the work too So guys, check the links i gave once again and see if you guys can make it <10k. i will be the happiest person if you do it.

Blog Entries

Well.....well.....Looks like another fly-by-night profiteer about to rip-off people, in the name of UAVs !! Kalee: it is clear that you have absolutely NO idea about UAVs ...or even flying , for that matter! Procuring cheap stuff and doling it out to unsuspecting students with little or no knowledge about flying or electronics does not mean that a working & successful UAV can be made by anyone. Please don't confuse and mislead people with your questionable abilities and knowledge, in the name of business. Your repeated mention of Accelerometer & Gyro shows how little you know about them. Your posts progressively prove that you know nothing about anything that you want to sell. Besides, you claim years of Robotics and flying expertise that is a little questionable, in the professional sense. This is some cheap advertisement for your company...go and make money all you want- we have no objections, but stop misleading people with half-baked ideas and claims that are wholly misleading and wrong. It is not necessary to condemn professional products to sell your own.
    Last edited by docel; 01-31-2010 at 08:12 AM.
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

http://bangalorerobotics.tripod.com

Well i guess Docel is out of valid arguments and is thus making irrelevant comments about some company or something ! All the links i have given are not from the same site or company(which suggests that i am not selling anything here), so go check the links once more and then comment(and do a bit of googling too before you post). Well if you have so much knowledge in electronics and UAV's, then why don't you go and do something in that field and not waste time blogging and arguing or come up with proofs to counter my second last post? and i never said i have immense knowledge in all this but i gave suggestions and this guy seems to be a annoyed at something that he doesnt have any idea about, which is clear from his last post as he doesnt have any credible arguments to come up with for each aspect of my post numbered 1-6. And having arguments in internet blogs are like eating pop corn, in the end you wont get anything from it! so.. bye guy.. see ya.

Blog Entries

Kalee , Ive seen so many UAV projects on Ri which never happen ... people just think its easy and cheap ... which it is NOT. I would love to see some of your work ... maybe if you have already built one ???

As for you pointing out at Docel ... Doc has actually been there done that so he knows whats he talking about.

I will still say under 10k , UAV with takoff / landing and sustained flight is just near impossible,unless someone does it and shows it to me ...
    Vikas Patial

Blog Entries

KAlee...

Before questioning doc, it would be awesome of you if you can show your credibility.

Just pointing to the components and saying that UAV is possible for cheap is like showing chinese marble and saying the Taj Mahal is possible for a few 1000 bucks. Any one can make a flying object. Heck ,fold a paper and make it fly. But sustaining flight and safe landing are a UAV's first and foremost challenges. Moreover, your claims fall flat as soon as ou say that "you dont have the time to make it". I would suggest you make claims only after you have made it yourself.

As far as I saw, you were the one who instigated doc and were using a taunting tone. When doc finally replied, you werent able to take it?? thats pretty lame.

Rao.

Kalee, if it had been that easy, every robotics enthusiast would be flying one, making a mini flying toy and a UAV are two different things. UAVs are complex species. I can say this, because i work on such technologies, and i have worked under the guidance of some really good scientist. Docel is vastly experienced, please do not point finger at him.