Thread: Carriage Mechanism

Default Carriage Mechanism

Hello all,
    What mechanism would you suggest if a robot had to carry a cylindrical object and transfer it to another robot autonomously. Magnets are not an option because the object is not metallic.
    I was thinking of grippers. One gripper on the first robot and the other exactly aligned on the second robot, so that the first gripper releases when the second gripper catches the object.
    This will require precision programming with no room for error because the bots are following a line. Any mismatch will cause the alignment of the grippers to go awry.
    Can you suggest something more efficient than this, since this will involve lot of gear fabrication.
    Note: the object does not have any kind of hooks on it.

Blog Entries

If the bots are following a line then its very easy. Just make a conveyor belt system to transfer the load onto the next robot.

You have'nt mentioned how many robots and if the robots are similar in size, shape, belongs to many others or your own....
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

http://bangalorerobotics.tripod.com

Default Conveyor Belt.....

Thank you Docel for your reply.

The conveyor belt idea is a good one. The robots will be my own only. The robots are identical as far as dimensions are concerned.But the robots are not allowed to touch. Then is the conveyor belt going to work?

As far as I understand for the conveyor belt to transfer the load, the next bot should be in contact with the previous one........