Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: High speed motor 30000 to 60000 rpm

Junior Member User

Default High speed motor 30000 to 60000 rpm

Hi all ,
    I am New here ... and made a robot (Demo : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyUVzaYITbY ) also ... Now I want to start working on Weebo .. remember Flubber (The Movie) .. It can be made, but not without your help.

It wud b able to fly .. would be having four high speed motor for hovering ..

The QUADROTOR : This has been made by lots of students all over the world and in India also .. I want to give it a personality ... I know Its gonna take long ... But I wud make It. I studied a lot ... for giving my imagination a shape.I need to do It Step By Step.

It wud be inside home only, wud be having vision, Wud be able to talk some in english, n many more functionalities..

First of all I need to Get High speed motor (May be Brushless, n its controller) abt 60000 rpm .... I want it from India .. cos outside India It wud be costly .... The best Site I ever visited is .. https://www.unitedhobbies.com n www.robotmarketplace.com .

So If any one knows about High speed motor plz Let me know ... If brushless motor than wid the controller also ... I made One controller of CD-Rom Motor .. wid .net software drive ... YOU wud be laughing it gave only 200rpm .. wid almost 0 torque. If anyone needs it to see I can post it here in download section...wid codes also ... you just need to know the logic, the concept .. rest wud be nothing for you..is it?
    After geting this I wud be needing bidirectional ... or say 2way transmitter for it ... and lot more ... these wud be going on ... on response I wud put here, my every requirment for It (weebo).

PLZ HELP ( burn my desires)

Rahul

Blog Entries

QUADROTOR are expensive as hell ... whats you budget ?

Also i believe ull have a hard time sourcing parts from india ... start by hacking a simple 4 channel , gyro stabilized single rotor platform.

PS: Aerial robots crash and these can burn a huge hole in your pocket unlike their ground counterparts.
    Vikas Patial

Junior Member User

Hi,
    Thanks for you nice n quick response ...
    My budgt is till now abt 16,000INR but its flexible ... I need to do everything .. slowly n precisly getting all knowledge abt these.

But as you said it to me ... Also i believe ull have a hard time sourcing parts from india ... start by hacking a simple 4 channel , gyro stabilized single rotor platform.
    I'll start from that only. :idea:

n I know If it fails It won't good! :cry:

Plz tell me more about it ... starting from link tutorial ... idea ... I am totaly unaware of 'simple 4 channel , gyro stabilized single rotor platform.' I know some about gyros .. but how single rotor will make hover the rest system .. how wud I control it .. as according to physics! .. I need atleast two rotor to cancel the system rotating torque. or I just have to make that one rotor to hover ... if this also happence ... wud be good for me ...

I need directions to work on… plz keep on touch …

Rahul

Senior Member Cyborg

u can get 9000 RPM @ 6volt motor very easly here only in India at very cheap rate but they are bit heavy, And Quad 's control system is main thing to work
    Once i had also plan this,then i got to discover the rotors are spinning at around 1100 RPM, so these motor can also be used. May be i am wrong but never tried that.
    btw if u know about Ashish Bhat ex IITB ("micromouse man of india"). He had build Quad successfully. Check his web page or contact him.
    http://ashish.ideaforge.co.in/
    But as admin had told u it is very expensive to build and need patience
    Nikhil Chandra | Bangalore

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

at 60000 rpm motor kae chithrae uud jayan gae . i guess u shold try series wound motos as at no load they move at dangerously high speed at times at destructive speed
    hehe ha ha

Senior Member Cyborg

Quote Originally Posted by asimov_18
    at 60000 rpm motor kae chithrae uud jayan gae.
    i doubted
    once Aman of everest coperation, Delhi had shown me a motor which he claim it is at 90,000 to 120,000 RPM so in a way these kind of motors are possible in small packaging.
    but at these speed ~60000 the gear system (which is use in Quad) will wear out for sure.

Junior Member User

Shashak Thanks a lot to provide the link...
    Mr. Ashish did a lot of nice jobs thr.

plz check a link here ..

http://www.robotmarketplace.com/mark...motors-bl.html

The motor can reach upto 65,000 rpm

To every visitor ...
    plz help me finding this type of motor here in INDIA
    If I get, wud be nice ...
    otherwise It wud cost me about $102x45= ... about 4590INR ..per motor..
    this will eat all my money
    . :|

I still want to know about ..

"a simple 4 channel , gyro stabilized single rotor platform."

Default Attributes

What Vikas means is a simplest helicopter.... without bothering about the change in angle of attack of the main rotor and a using a gyro to stablize the torque..

And Please dont change the attributes of the texts..

Quasar...
    If Hubble's law for the expansion of the universe is extrapolated to include the quasars, they would be many billion light-years away and consequently as luminous intrinsically as 1,000 galaxies combined.

Senior Member Cyborg

8O :roll: 8O :roll: :?: :?: :?:

Blog Entries

rick2047 and others.,

Quad or anyother flying platform with horizontal Propellers need large diameter small pitch blades. The number of blades is proportional to the RPM and Pitch. Newton's III law can be countered by using counter-rotating rotors.

Rick: you are misinformed!
    You dont need 60k RPM for a vertical lift aircraft. Nor is it correct to use 60K RPM on a Quad Rotor system. Lift is not a function of RPM. Rather , it is a function of Bernoulli's principle. Helicopters and other horizontal rotor systems dont rely on the IIIrd Law.

What you need is a 3k to 5k RPM Propeller speed (for single Rotor system). A Quad rotor system requires a calculated net RPM of about 12 to 15krpm. This should be the geared down RPM and NOT the shaft RPM.

Rotor speed depends upon the rotor diameter and the pitch angle.
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

http://bangalorerobotics.tripod.com