Thread: Respect and too much respect.

Blog Entries

Default Respect and too much respect.

Dear RI members

This is totally offtopic but I have had enough of this..

I want to clarify.. I am not a professor, not a leading research scientist , not an employer, not >40yrs of age...not even 25... Not a child prodigy, not a guru, not a baba or swami ji...

I am just a Masters student.. and know some stuff..

Please, when mailing me or sending messages or referring to me on forums, refrain yourselves from extensive usage of words like Sir, Mr., your Highness, etc. Please dont use flattery in your mails as I am totally against flattery.. e.g. Excerpt from one of the mails that I recieved in the last 3 months...

"Dear sir, I am a member of your esteemed website which according to me is the greatest portal of knowledge on the web for robotics. I am looking for a mentor for my summer internship and I believe that you , being one of the leading robotics researchers in India can help me....."

PLEASE!!!!

I am Prashant Rao, 24 years old.. know some stuff.. thats it..

Thank you...

Rao

Blog Entries

Hullo, Mr. Rao ! :wink:
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

http://bangalorerobotics.tripod.com

Blog Entries

15 minutes of fame !!!
    Vikas Patial

Ha ha...
    He must have spent quite some time to write that one...
    Did u grant his wish by the way...
    Subhasis Behera
    http://subhasis6.tripod.com
    If you are not living on the EDGE, then you are wasting space...

Blog Entries

Doc: AAARRRGGGHH

Vikas : I am used to your sarcasm

Ingenium: Yeah I granted his wish, I gave him internship but never appeared..kidding.. I clarified his doubts in a mail that used "some" strong words.

Rao

Junior Member Newbie

hey prashant rao,

yaar relax. whoever sent you that email is just looking for help. how can anyone on these forums know who you are, what you do for a living, where you live, how old you are... etc etc,. One can only know as much as you tell them about youself.

I dont see why you're upset with the guys email. His email seemed very polite and was in no way offensive or anything.

You dont expect people to email like this:
    "you dude, i need some help man, can u tell me about inverse kinematics for a 5 degree of freedom robotic arm. please email me soon i m desperate".

you wont believe, that's actually a quote from one of many emails that I get. I usually dont get back to such people who have no courtesy and seem to "demand" for help instead of requesting.

I suggest all of our robotics friends to please refrain from such means. Just be neutral when asking for help. Too much "makkhan" is not good either, as prashant rao states above.

Lets all work together and advance the cause of robotics understanding, development and research by sharing knowledge.