Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Autonomous & Teleoperated Robotic Rover Project

Hybrid View

Junior Member Newbie

Default Autonomous & Teleoperated Robotic Rover Project

Hi Guys,

I stumbled on this website while searching for some stuff on the internet and had been reading forum postings from you folks back in India. I studied Electrical Engineering from Manipal Institute of Technology in Karnataka and currently living in Canada.

Theres an overwhelming robotic community as well as tremendous resources for robotics here. I know most of the resources available in north america may not be available or difficult to obtain in India.

There are hobby, electronics, RC etc stores here where one can easily obtain stuff like microcontrollers, embedded development kits, motors, servos, electronic components, motor and servo controllers, servos etc.

I know of lot of websites that ship stuff overseas, so I am writing to share some of my knowledge that may benefit you robotic enthusiasts back home. If you're looking for something let me know, at least i can point you in the right direction. But, don't ask me to buy and ship stuff !! hahahahaaa.

On robotics side, I just started a project a few months ago. Trying to build a wireless robotic rover with 5DOF arm. It can be teleoperated wirelessly via a software I developed in visual basic. Also working on the firmware to make it operate in an autonomous override mode.

Take a look at it:
    www.youtube.com/aaqilkhan
    www.aaqilkhan.blogspot.com/

Regards,
    Aaqil Khan

Senior Member Cyborg

Nice work.
    For me your documentation of the robot construction on blogspot is much more interesting.

I think a joystick interface to your VB code would be the cherry on the cake.

Regards

Senior Member T-1000

Sweet! how do you follow the target?

Junior Member Newbie

I use a Sharp GP2D12 IR sensor to lock onto an object using an edge detection algorithm. Once locked, the rover follows the object (unless the object makes sudden moves) in which case the object is lost and the rover goes into search and detect mode.

I am still working on the firmware to improve this detection scheme. There seem to a be few bugs ;-)

Will also post new videos on www.aaqilkhan.blogspot.com once this is perfected.

Regards,
    Aaqil

Senior Member Cyborg

Hey Aaqil,
    good work . i had not seen many but should say best documented robot so far.

btw what is the cost of Zigbee module there ? and which cad software u had use ??
    Nikhil Chandra | Bangalore

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Junior Member Newbie

The zigbee modules I used are from www.maxstream.net. The low range version (XBee) costs US$19 and the 'Pro' version costs $32. I think you can order from their website. They have excellent support too.

As for the 3D modeling, I used SolidWorks. Its a great software and easy to learn. You can get a 30day free download from their website.

Cheers,
    Aaqil

Blog Entries

One hell of a real good InfoBlog - Great show Aaquil!!
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

http://bangalorerobotics.tripod.com

GET XBEE IN INDIA ..sales@autopay.ws

Member Android

DUDE, this is awesome!!

Neha!!!!

Blog Entries

Nice , Too much LED Bling ... look good though.

Good work.
    Vikas Patial