Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: connecting Sony Ericsson phone to avr

Hybrid View

Member Android

Default connecting Sony Ericsson phone to avr

hi,
    i need help to connect my AVR microcontroller serial port to new Sony Ericsson mobile phone like j120i ,k220 with fastport (12 pin connector)

i search for pinout details & some other mobile Forums but still I am not sure about the connection

does j120i ,k220 support AT commands?

please help me out

thanks

The Pinout for the Fastport connector is as follows:

Pin Description
    -------------------------
    1 USB +5V in
    2 SP_REF
    3 Mic+/AUXIN_L
    4 Mic-/AUXIN_R
    5 DFMS/SP_L
    6 DTMS/SP_R
    7 VIDEO/STB
    8 VPPFLASH
    9 GND
    10 CTMS / USB DATA+
    11 CFMS / USB DATA-
    12 Charge In

It supports DTMF. You have to use the USB, there is an endpoint pipe, where DTMF commands can be sent.

Here are some links,just by google search
    http://forums.se-nse.net/lofiversion...php/t3360.html
    http://pinouts.ru/CellularPhones-A-N...i_pinout.shtml
    http://developer.sonyericsson.com/th...threadID=31358

Hi debu,

have you done this using sony ericsson. Can you tell me how you had done it(just for info)

Bibin John
    www.bibinjohn.tk

@yogi: I've used the WinDriver API to interface with a SE P990i, and made a simple filesystem explorer. The filesystem is accessed using EP117. One of the EP's is used for AT Commands for the modem, and one for DTMF. Though I have not really used the DTMF endpoint, but i suppose, a DAC would be required to generate a tone from the digital data from the EP.

If you Intend to actually do this, PM me, it would be interseting to experiment with this together. :)

Regards,

Debu

Member Android

Thanks for your help
    Sorry for not giving my requirements before.
    There are some projects on net where you can send sms using mobile & micorcontroller.

http://www.serasidis.gr/circuits/sms...controller.htm

But all Sony ericsson mobile used in the projects are old & not available (like T10, T68i, T610) which you can connect through PC or Microcontroller serial port & using simple AT command you can send SMS or dial a number.
    Nokia phone like 3310 does not support AT command but Using Fbus we can communicate with phone which is I found very complicated

I have some information about sony ericsson fastport from mcselec.com forum

pin no. 1 = +5 v
    pin no. 5 = Tx RS232
    pin No. 6 = Rx RS232
    pin no. 9 = Gnd
    pin No. 10= USB Data +
    pin no. 11= USB Data -

Is the above pinout is correct?
    Pin no. 5 is for DFMS (Data From Mobile Station) & SP_L
    Pin no. 6 is for DTMS (Data To Mobile Station) & SP_R
    Can I connect pin no 5 & 6 to my microcontroller serial port ?
    If yes then what setting I have to use for serial communication

Regards,

pratik

@Pratik: A lot of people have tried to use the RS232 interface with the fastport connector (including me :wink: ) without any success so far. See the Sony Ericsson devesopers forum, the older cables supported it, the newer ones don't.

Why dont you interface your uC directly with a GSM module such as:
    http://www.sunrom.com/index.php?main...mq1opp9t23vel1
    *Its available in India,
    *its fairly cheap (Rs.4700, almost all the mobiles which would support your purpose would cost atleast this much),
    *it supports, SMS and GPRS,
    *and it has a UART interface.

Regards,

Debu

Senior Member T-1000
    Blog Entries

I would suggest you go for second hand phones (which would be cheaper, obviously - 1000- 2000) if money is a constrain. sony ericsson phones with DRS -11 cable (serial) would do fine -

S700, K508i,K500i,Z1010,K700,T630,P900,T230, and a whole lot of other models use this cable, and the whole list is written on the cover of the serial cable, which is smiling at me right now, and because of my inherent laziness, i dont feel like typing the whole list.

I would strongly recommend using second hand phones using DRS 11 cables, if its a student project. There is this well written datasheet of AT commands for sony eric phones, you can google it.

and if for some reasons, you want to work with the phone u already have, i am sorry, i never worked with the phone u mentioned.

and DRS 11 usb cables have shadowed the serial versions, so catch them while they exist!! cost me rs 250 3 months before...
    .... I didnt do it ! ....

Hi debu,

Thanks for your reply and interest in working with me. But now I am doing 14 subjects in a semster for my master. So I won't be able to do any of these now. I just got interest when I saw the post and done some google search. That is the reason I asked you whether you had done it.

Bibin John
    www.bibinjohn.tk

I got hold of a SE T230 and a DRS-11 cable, now using it in my final year project. Already done a little bit of interfacing with PIC 16f877a

Member Android

Hi,
    All old SE mobiles which support DRS-11 cable also support serial communication.
    Can any one explain me the details about VPPFLASH pin in SE fast port connector