Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where I will get original crystals in Lamington Road

Senior Member T-1000
    Blog Entries

and MAX038.. guess they are no longer in production.. (just for the info - No wars intended.. )

Military grade applications calls for military grade components.. And PCBs matters.. There are guidelines for crystal placements, capacitor placements and ground plane placements. these need to be strict for precise operation..

Its one reason why asked as to the test set up- as to how the frequency was measured.

But its still a PIC @ 4 MHz. Should work.
    .... I didnt do it ! ....

Member Advanced User

Default Crystal

You can use and experiment with chines crystal for personal experiment and project. But cant use for commercial project. If it gives trouble at site it will cost you then. There for commercial product you have to use good quality crystal. Till date I haven't seen any commercial product manufacturer who use duplicate crystals. I am sure they are manufacturer who uses duplicate crystal but we can not follow them.

@Docel: Indeed, I believe rather then buy higher quality crystals, buy higher quality caps.

@allbits: MAX038CPP+ (Military/Aerospace/Medical Grade) is still being produced (I guess), I bought a batch of 50 in jan this year. Though its possible that they stopped production in the last couple of months. I can't seem to locate an equivalent IC from maxim anywhere.

@EmbeddedGuy: As I said before, I purchased a load of "local" crystals, I've used them all for industrial and commercial applications, and I have not recieved a single complaint.(Though none of them required any "Strict" real-time, as I mentioned before).

Senior Member T-1000
    Blog Entries

http://www.maxim-ic.com/quick_view2.cfm/qv_pk/1257

again - this is for info!!!

and the OP still refuse to give the smallest hint as to the application..

guess the thread can now be locked...
    .... I didnt do it ! ....

@allbits: You're right!!
    This product was manufactured for Maxim by an outside wafer foundry using a process that is no longer available. It is not recommended for new designs. For further information, contact us. The data sheet remains available for existing users.
    Damn!!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Projects are commercial

Quote Originally Posted by EmbeddedGuy
    Projects are commercial and we can not use trimmer or any other capacitor for pulling the frequency. We are using 4MHz xtal for PIC microcontroller and faced this problem.
    I know we can pull the frequency of xtal. I did these in experiment for crystal based oscillator for Tx/Rx application.
    WHAT ARE YOU SAYING??
    Nobody designs a "commercial" circuit with high accuracy/reliablity without a 'netting' Trimcap.

If your application is that sensitive, then use a TCXO. Or just import them from Abracon or other 'hi quality' foreign manufacturers. ( Though the 'accurate'-expensive crystals fail to work with me on PICs until I balance the load.)

If it is such a hush-hush project, you should'nt be wasting our collective time with half-baked ideas and incomplete info. I suggest you read the PIC crystal oscillator specifications, in detail, as also about Crystals and Oscillators, in detail again. You should do this research very throughly, if you want to do any type of commercial, Industrial & professional design.

I also suggest you read the fine print given there even more throughly.

Allbits:
    I dont see the relevance of this thread, but i'll leave it open for a while, since it is interesting and informative for others ( if not to embeddedguy). The Forum has very little on Crystals and this should be of help to others.
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

http://bangalorerobotics.tripod.com

Member Advanced User

Default Source for orignal crystal

If you read my post I asked ONLY the source of original crystal and I was not interested to know about the technical details of the crystal. But you guys start giving me suggestions. I just asked the source of original crystal not any other things.
    Instead of showing me the source you started argument.

Blog Entries

This is a ROBOTICS Technical Discussion Forum.
    Not Google.
    What did you expect? :lol: :lol:
    Sorry , if it didnt help!
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

http://bangalorerobotics.tripod.com