Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wireless Transceiver in B'lore

Default Wireless Transceiver in B'lore

I urgently need a wireless transceiver module (433MHz) suitable for reliable and fast serial data transmission over 20-30 ft. Plz quote IC part nos. and names of distributors/shops where its available... (I need only a few chips not in bulk).

Thnx a lot for that... can u plz tell me if there are any other products available... I also have the following queries abt the chips that u refered to:

1.What's the max data rate supported by the two chips?
    2. How's the performance under noisy environments... can it reliably detect the data sent (say 8 or 9 out of 10 times)?
    3. Can I interface it directly with a PIC?
    4. Do I need the encoder/decoder chips?

1. What's the max data rate supported by the two chips?
    --> 2400 bps (4800 bps versions are also available here: www.sparkfun.com, but u will have to import them)

2. How's the performance under noisy environments... can it reliably detect the data sent (say 8 or 9 out of 10 times)?
    -->If someone in ur proximity is using the same frequency (433 MHz) module, ther will be some interference (MAC (Medium Access Control) protocol if suitably written can avoid false trigerring due to interference), otherwise its quite reliable (99 out of 100 times...)

3. Can I interface it directly with a PIC?
    -->Yes, it (data line) can be directly conected at the UART output (i.e. TX of any MCU)

4. Do I need the encoder/decoder chips?
    --> You will need them only when you have data being sent out parallely; in case of serial transmission, as said above you can directly connect the RF modules to the UART o/p.

Regards,
    Saurabh G.

Default Thnx

Thanks a lot saurabhg84. Acutally, can u calrify on the interface to PIC part... I just wanted to confirm that I can connect to a PIC I/P pin (say RB0) directly... i.e. without any interface ckt??

Quote Originally Posted by saurabhg84
    Hi, think refers to 2 seperate modules... 1 transmitter and 1 receiver... is there no IC that can combine both functions into 1 IC... I need it for bi-directional data flow....

You can connect the transmitter module to the TX pin (pin no 25: http://www.triindia.co.in/resources/?p=65) without any interface circuitry and the receiver module to the RX pin (pin no 26) for multi-PIC UART communication....i didnt get why u want to connect it to the port pins, I guess u will be using serial communication, so u will have to use the UART (TX-RX) pins....

Quote Originally Posted by saurabhg84
    You can connect the transmitter module to the TX pin (pin no 25: http://www.triindia.co.in/resources/?p=65) without any interface circuitry and the receiver module to the RX pin (pin no 26) for multi-PIC UART communication....i didnt get why u want to connect it to the port pins, I guess u will be using serial communication, so u will have to use the UART (TX-RX) pins....
    Hey thnx for the input... u're rite... I'm actually aiming for serial comm using the tow devices. Can u clarify one more doubt... is there any simple protocol for avoiding collision, say I'm using 3 nodes all at 433MHz and a single rx. How can I prevent data collisions?? Assume that the scheme is simplex (i.e. there are no acknolwdegements or requests, so the each tx sends data when it is ready and rx accepts data as and when it comes.)

btw, that reply was meant for kbb123, forgot to mention tht.....

@widas08
    i quite got what u r teying to develop, you are on the right track, you will need a transciever for tht, to retransmit when collisions take place, since you wont be able to sense colisions, you will have to send acknowledgement within a timeout period....you will get a transciever from www.sparkfun.com

@saurabhg84
    Thnx for the info... just one more doubt.... is the stuff from sparkfun.com available in b'lore ???