Thread: millitary robots

Default millitary robots

CAlling all true INDIANs in delhi
    toward the formation of heavy duty MILITARY robots club in delhi
    we will be building military robots for our own country
    and for competetion abroad

i am 'xxxx' serious about this club
    because together we can

INDIA wouldnt have to buy any robots from abroad because wE have the potential to shake the world

if u have any respect for our BRAVE soliders from KARGIL to THE GREAT THAR DESERT then please come

i know it is a small step that may lead to BIG SUCESS

Junior Member User

Default good

Well I am wid u... if u are talking about brave intelligent INDIANs .. Say what are your plans ... describe it full ... take ur time to plan and to describe it.

Well i am from kolkata.

-Rahul

Blog Entries

Good luck with the venture ... Military robots ... though sounds pretty interesting is not childs play other than being crazy expensive.

If possible attend Defence Expo in 2008 , u will see quite a few of them there , so ull know what u guys are up against.
    Vikas Patial

@robbie: A very interesting proposition. Yes, I am interested. As it happens I am from the NCR and have 7 Years of experience in the field of Product Development. :wink:

The outcome of battles in the future will certainly be decided by the usage of robots in the field.
    Our country, throughout history, has always been defeated by foes who are one up on us in technology. We've always been left behind in military technology. Porus was defeated by Alexander's cavalry, the Delhi sultanate was defeated by Babur's cannons, and later the Europeans used their maritime prowess to bring India under control.
    As a country, we should certainly work towards developing military robots, at least, initially, non-autonomous ones.
    However, military robots are one of the most complex machines to build. Expertise is required in a wide variety of fields.
    Our government has been trying to build a tank, namely, The Arjun, for the past 25 years. It has still not been successful. So I really don't know about robots. :cry:

Blog Entries

Good venture! and Good luck!!

mvharish:
    Success is a comparative word here. and there is no dearth of technology, of any kind, in the country anymore. We are fast becoming a force to reckon with, at the present time.
    You should see the Patents applied for by Indians to believe it!! And the gadgets already developed indigenously. These things are not advertised like toothpaste or Detergents on TV!!!

There are zillions of parameters and specifications that have to support any Automobile, Medical and Military devices, in that order.
    While the basic technology is quite easy ( with reverse engineering and downright copying) and attainable, the specifications are not!!
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

http://bangalorerobotics.tripod.com

docel:
    I know technological innovation in India is definitely looking good right now, I'm sure a lot of good work is being done in a whole lot of sectors.
    But the point is that it's not really showing up in the defense sector. We still buy most of our advanced stuff from abroad. That's pretty sad.

Really I appreciate your patriotic spirit. Very few have thinking of this sort at least to do some thing for the nation...Being an ex-defence person, I can contribute in your endeavour.

Technological sophistication is the key to modern warfare. So Robotics play a great role in defence machinery. Applications are vast, we only need the right thinking and commitment to startwith, sucess will follow.

My best wishes to you.

-Vijay Kumar Ramakur

Blog Entries

mvHarish,
    As I said, the Defence sector does not advertise its armament. A lot of these things have been developed/are being developed indigenously. The DRDO, is also open-sourcing its defense offshoot research ideas to the consumer and medical applications.

The problem is: they don't think new :cry:

So, there is a lot of scope for futuristic devices.
    This is where the new generation designs can contribute its mite!!
    docel
    ^Anything is possible..
    after YOU prove it!!

http://bangalorerobotics.tripod.com

Senior Member T-1000

I'm a bit skeptical of collaborative projects that happen over the internet. These are very difficult to carry all the way from concept to the production stage.

Anyway, what sort of product do you have in mind? Or should we have a vote on what to design?
    --
    Mohit Mahajan,
    www.BioZen.co.in