Thread: urgent help

Default urgent help

can somebody send me a link or something for controlling rotation (degree of rotation) of the motor as u have it in cranes
    also if i can get a ckt for wireless remote control guys this will be my first bot so send saccordingly i'm a newbie in this trade.pls tell something other than rc for remote as it has its problems when 2 competitors at a time

Which motor are you using? Simple DC, geared or stepper. Also give some details of the mechanism you are goin to use. Are you familier with uC?

Regds

happy_99

Member User

so i ve got 2 stepper motors .
    one is a unipolar 5 wired stepper
    other is a normal 4 wire bipolar
    how to control
    no uC
    btw why dont u answer for all possibilities,tho it is a pain in the neck, it is only once and later if anyone talks abt motor, u can refer to forum
    besides knowledge on all fronts will be useful for starters like me
    Bye

Quote Originally Posted by msmukund2000
    btw why dont u answer for all possibilities,tho it is a pain in the neck, it is only once and later if anyone talks abt motor, u can refer to forum
    I wish i could :-(

Pls, if someone post a query then try to give max. details, which 'd be helpful for others to suggest a solution.

Regds

happy_99

Senior Member Cyborg

refer to the posts on shaft encoder....as you are not using uC (don't know why ?) u 'll have to make a digital counter kinda circuit
    Sumandeep Banerjee
    M.Tech, IIT Kharagpur,
    B.Tech, IIT Kharagpur,
    http://www.robotix.in

try a simple hack from ur college lab,

bum a DC power supply from the nearest EE lab, pick up a couple of transistors from the nearest electronics shop with enough power ratings to drive ur motor whose base drive should be around 3-6 volts, and make a simple CE circuit with the motor coils connected on the collectors.

drive the base using the output from ur parallel/centronix interface with each pin connected to different transistors etc..and the sequence on the output of the parallel port pins is what will control ur motor, both the direction and the speed.

make a generic board with those nice little pin connectors so that you can use it for the rest of your life. this is the easiest way to test ur motors and get sequences that work

then see if you can figure out a way to post this output seqences u need over the wireless RC to some sequence generator (using either serial/parallel) and have fun.