Thread: Simple IR Remote Control

Senior Member Cyborg
    Blog Entries

Default Simple IR Remote Control

Simple IR Remote Control
    Connect this circuit to any of your home appliances (lamp, fan, radio, etc) to make the appliance turn on/off from a TV, VCD or DVD remote control. The circuit can be activated from up to 10 metres. The 38kHz infrared (IR) rays generated by the remote control are received by IR receiver module TSOP1738 of the circuit. Pin 1 of TSOP1738 is connected to ground, pin 2 is connected to the power supply through resistor R5 and the output is taken from pin 3. The output signal is amplified by transistor T1 (BC558). The amplified signal is fed to clock pin 14 of decade counter IC CD4017 (IC1). Pin 8 of IC1 is grounded, pin 16 is connected to Vcc and pin 3 is connected to LED1 (red), which glows to indicate that the appliance is ‘off.’[/b]
    http://www.onlinetps.com/
    Online Component Shoppe
    Microcontrollers and Solar Robotics Stuffs at cheap rates

Senior Member Cyborg

good one.
    i guess this is from EFY right?

one doubt abt this ckt is,which key of remote is for ON and which one for OFF.is it possible to change those keys?
    bcz i don't want to to use the same key to switch on TV and light.
    I am reactive.

Senior Member T-1000
    Blog Entries

of course EFY.

now if you want to use different keys, there are decoder chips available for each remote. Some of them are already obsolete. :sad: But if you can get them, you can do with one chip and no microcontroller!! if you are using it in a robot, it will save lot machine cycles in your code!!
    .... I didnt do it ! ....

Senior Member Cyborg
    Blog Entries

ya its from EFY i find it from a site well i also have a doubt that it receives 38khz signal and there is no delay circuit so there may be a chance that we have to try more then once for on/off the devoice . this circuit receives almost all remotes
    http://www.onlinetps.com/
    Online Component Shoppe
    Microcontrollers and Solar Robotics Stuffs at cheap rates

Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: Simple IR Remote Control

Hi!
    I am using a vcd remote control and tsop1356 sensor to sense its signal.

i'm pressing the remote button all the time...so a continuous pulse is generated when the sensor faces the remote and a continuous 4.5v (logic 1) when not in orientation to the remote.

I want to convert the continuous pulse stream to logic 0 so that i can use this logic 0 signal to feed to microprocessor and perform some operation.

Pls suggest a circuit or some way to do this.